Chapter 17

After Blake released the kiss, Ruby felt something inside her. It wasn't butterflies, probably not, but it felt more liberating.

"S-sorry, I figured actions speak louder than words." Blake's face was beet red as she apologized.

Ruby's eyes watered again as tears fell from her face. Tears of joy that Blake felt the same way about her.

"I-I'm n-not sure if I heard it right." She chuckled slightly. "L-let me try this time."

She then pulled Blake into another kiss, this one a bit longer than expected, but not unwelcomed. Blake began to kiss back until;

"While this is beautiful and all, you know where still here right?"

They released the kiss to see Weiss tapping her foot in the floor and Yang barely keeping back a laugh. The two lovers blushed deeply in embarrassment.

"Weeeiss!!" Ruby screamed. "Don't ruin this for us!!"

Yang couldn't hold it in anymore and bursted into a laughing fit. Weiss rolled her eyes but smiled at the two.

"Regardless, I'm happy for the both of you." She said. "While it was unexpected, you both got your feelings across one another."

"Great job Blakey!" Yang cheered. "Bet it feels good to get that off your chest." She then flashed her signature smirk.

"But make sure it's nothing else, alright? I don't want to ruin my baby sister's innocence."

The two blushed even further.

"Yaaaang!! We just started, we're not ready for that!" Ruby cried, but then turned to Blake.

"We can be girlfriends, right?"

Blake smiled.

"Only, if you want to be."

"Then I want too!" Ruby declared.

Blake took Ruby's hands into her own.

"Then Ruby Rosetta, will you go out with me?" Blake asked.

Ruby began to jump up and down and hugged her.

"Yesyesyes! A thousand times yes!" She said. "Where should we go out!? A movie? Dinner? A walk in the park?"

Blake began to think what was the best option. Dinner sounds good, and after what happened a while ago, some fresh air would be best.

"So," Ruby prompted with a grin. "Where'd you wanna take me out at?"

She didn't know many good places. Well, except perhaps;

"Well, there is this little cafe outside of Tukson's book store...?"

"Great!" Ruby chirped. "I'll see you at six, then!" She lunged forward and grabbed Blake into a tight hug.

"Thanks for asking me out!" she said happily.

"Well," Weiss said slowly. "It would appear that you have a date with Ruby."

"Right...Um, Yang? Why are you crying?"

Yang sniffled, wiping away a tear. "I dunno whether to be sad that Rubes had grown up so fast...or happy that she found someone special."

Suddenly, something dawned on her.

"Shit! Shit! Shit!!" She yelled and ran down to the bedroom.

"Yang Xiao Long, watch your mouth!" Weiss said, quickly covering Ruby's ears.

They followed her into the bedroom and saw she was going through the closet. She began throwing everything out as she frantically looked for something.