Chapter 11

Spoilers for the new DLC for Pokémon Sword and Shield. For those who have seen the new trailer for it, continue. Those who haven't, well, be sure to check it out. You've been warned.

Present

Both girls stepped outside their room and eventually, the school. They came to the open courtyard where there were not a lot of people at this time. In case things go south, which they will, there will be less collateral damage around them.

"Alright, you wanted to talk? This is your chance!" Ruby said, her tone serious and full of authority.

"I'm sorry."

Yang's first words took Ruby by surprise. She raised an eyebrow. "For...?"

"Everything." Yang clarified. "Everything I've ever done to you and Mo- Summer." She corrected herself, internally wincing. "It was wrong. We...I was wrong."

Ruby felt conflicted with how she was apologizing. She was actually sorry? It was totally different from the former sister from back then.

"Maybe things would have been different if we had sat and talked things out like a family should. Maybe I should have at least stood up for you. But you understand, it's not entirely our fault?"

And just like that, the same old song and dance began to orchestrate.

"Excuse me!?" Ruby narrowed her eyes at the blonde.

"Just hear me out!" Yang said quickly. "We weren't in our right mind, but what you did was absolutely foolish, if not suicidal. You ran away from us when you were four years old. Four years, Ruby!"

"I fail to see how that was my fault!" Ruby became defensive, her voice growing loud a bit. "You two practically ignored me because I look too much like my Mom! How can I help with that!!?"

"This didn't have anything to do with you looking like M- Her!!" Yang yelled back. "Not with me, anyway! I did it because Summer was a Huntress, a-and I didn't want to lose you like we lost her!!"

Voices were being raised, words bouncing back and forth like a Ping Pong ball. If said ball was a loaded bomb of emotions that threatened to burst if one of them went too far.

"You think that's any better!!?" Ruby shouted incrediously. "I'm doing this for me and Mom!! You wouldn't understand because you never had one!!"

That did it. The ball was no longer a bomb. It was a Nuke. And it went off.

Ruby suddenly felt a stinging pain across her face as she fell hard on her back. She looked up to see Yang's red, hurt, angry eyes. Tears had already began to fall from her face.

"You. Take. THAT BACK!!!" She roared.

Ruby in her own rage used her semblance to deliver a swift kick to Yang's side, causing her to keel over. Ruby then used Drain Punch as her fist not only dealt damage, but absorbed some of her power. She then delivered another kick, but Yang blocked it with her forearm, though without Ember Celica, it did more harm than good for herself. Yang sent a fist to Ruby's abdomen and then elbowed her in the back to strike her down.

Ruby jumped back with a somersault, and then used her semblance to use Razor Leaf, or in her case, Razor Petals. The petals were sharp and quick as they bit into Yang's aura. She took the damage and added it to her Semblance, her hair glowing and burning like fire. She rushed for Ruby and was about to land a devastating right hook, but Ruby ducked in time to use Drain Punch again, sapping more of her aura.

In blind fury, Yang kept throwing her fists at Ruby, who continuously dodged and hit her with Drain Punch. This move did damage and absorbed a person's aura at the same time, which would replenish her own aura and keep her going in fights like this. So far, it was working. Yang's movements became slower and her attacks more sluggish.