Chapter 13

8 years ago

Eve was only a few weeks away from having her baby, and since there are no hospitals in Aegis Village, they decided to stay in Atlas until the baby was born. Ruby wanted to continue her training and didn't want to leave Mew and the Regis behind. So Mew decided to Teleport the Regis to Atlas.

Regigigas declined and stayed behind thought Ruby didn't know why, but she didn't question her master.

Currently, Carol was on the phone with an old friend as Evelyn was sitting down eating breakfast. After eating an avocado and waffle sandwich with chocolate, she needed help getting up from her seat.

"Ugh. I miss sleeping on my stomach. Being able to tie my own shoes. Wearing normal, non stretchy pants. And above all, getting up from this GODDAMN CHAIR!!"

It goes without saying that Evelyn was in a very crabby mood.

"Hey, calm down babe." Carol said as she helped her out of the chair. "At least winter is ending soon. Means you won't have to worry about sitting in here instead of sledding outside with an energetic seven-year old." Carol pointed out.

"Yeah..." Evelyn looked down at her chest, her brow furrowed in annoyance. "I sure hope these end up being useful, because right now they just feel heavy."

"Back bothering you again."

"Yeah! As if my belly wasn't enough extra weight, I now feel like I've had sandbags stapled to my chest."

"Well, I'm sure our kid will appreciate them when they're born." Carol bent closer to whisper in her wife's ear.

"I know I do."

That earned a blush.

Outside

The snow was a vast blanket in outskirts of Atlas. Everything was undisturbed and the small fauna were milling about. Then an object moving at incredible speeds raced down a slope, with two other objects following after it.

"FASTER REGISTEEL!"

"THEY'RE GAINING ON US REGICE!"

"RE-E-E-GIROCK! OOMP! OOMP! OOMP!"

Ruby, Mew, and the Regis were all having a sled race across the land. It was mostly flat, but thanks to Regice, a track made entirely out of ice was made.

So far, Mew and Regice were in the lead, Registeel and Ruby were gaining on them, and Regirock was in dead last. The Rock Peak Golem wasn't a fan of winter. Or snow. Or ice. Or anything related to cold. Regice and Registeel acted as Mew and Ruby's sleds, which both were comfortable with since they had no trouble with snow. Regice had the clear advantage, but Ruby and Registeel were catching up.

"Let's use Hyper Beam to go faster, Registeel!"

"*Warble*JI-JI-JI-JI-JI-JI-JI! *warbling* STEEL!" He affirmed.

Turning his body around, he unleashed a Hyper Beam from his rubber-like hands and their speed nearly tripled. They past Regice and Mew and the far behind Regirock.

Mew was about to have Regice do the same until they saw a steep hill at the edge of the meadow. The hill lead to a rocky cliff, which both Registeel and Ruby were heading for.

"Ruby, wait!!" Mew cried out, but it was in vain.

The two were approaching the hill, not slowing down for anything. Mew used Teleport to reach for the two and clambered on Ruby's back. Then she placed her hands on her and Teleported her back. Ruby landed head first in the snow, getting stuck with her legs flailing.