Chapter 21

5 years ago

Today was the day.

The day Ruby had been training and prepared herself for. Today was the first step she would need to take to become stronger and and many more steps to be a Huntress.

Today, she will fight Regirock.

The home village came to see this never before seen event, one that Ruby needed to face in order to move on. They've known about the Regis since this village was built, and now they get to see one of them in action.

This was the Trial of The Hardened Stone.

"The Trial of The Hardened Stone is about to begin!" Mew announced. "This test will show whether Ruby Rosetta is worthy of moving on to the next Trail, by defeating The Rock Peak Golem: Regirock!"

As if on cue, the ground began to shake as Regirock erupted from the ground like a drill.

"RE-E-E-GIROCK!" Regirock landed on the ground with a hard thud, as he faced his student with stoicism.

"There will be no time limit, and the winner will be announced when one of these fighters can no longer continue. If the trail goer loses, they will have to wait one month to try it again and will not continue on to the next trial."

Mew used her powers to create a battlefield for this trail. A huge wall of earth surrounded them as many pillars, bridges, and platformsade entirely of stone were created. Many jagged stone portrutions stuck out from the cliffs as gems of all sorts glittered around them. Mew turned her glance to Ruby, who was already starting to sweat with anticipation.

"Ruby Rosetta, are you ready to face the Trail of The Stone?" Mew asked.

Ruby took a deep breath. This was the moment she was waiting for. To beat one of her masters in a one-on-one battle. Only then will she be able to move on.

"I am."

"Then let the Trail begin!" Mew announced as she teleported away

Regirock actually gave the first attack by using Stone Edge, shooting pointed stones that Ruby wisely defended against with Iron Defense. Ruby then counter attacked by using her Semblance with Double Team and Metal Claw.

When Ruby landed hit after hit on Regirock, the Rock Peak Golem managed to grab hold of the girl and used Shock Wave, its body becomes surrounded by light blue electricity. Ruby cried out as Regirock kept shocking her, continuing to lower her aura. This shocked everyone by how strong Regirock was even after the super effective Steel-type move. Ruby gnashed her teeth as she let out an aura pulse to free herself and seperate from the Rock Peak Golem's deadly grip.

"OOMP OOMP OOMP! ZAZAZAZAZA ZAZAZAZA! ROOOCK!" Regirock roared as he used Giga Impact, purple energy surrounded its body and it went towards Ruby. Ruby used her Semblance and Mega Kick and charged at Regirock. Both fighters impacted at the same time and there was a cry of pain before Regirock jumped back and landed on the ground. Ruby bounced back and picked herself up and glared at the Rock Peak Golem. Using her Semblance, Ruby made a beeline for a Metal Claw on Regirock.

Regirock jumped to the side as Ruby flew past it. Then Ruby came in for another attack, but Regirock dodged it again and this time Ruby took off in the air.

Regirock dug into the earth and immediately popped out from one of the pillars, catching Ruby off guard and tackled into her back. Ruby smashed against one of the pillars, crying out in pain and surprise. Ruby clincher teeth as she pushed Regirock off of her and then the piller and used Mach Punch. Her fist collided with Regirock's face, which pushed the Rock Peak Golem farther away from her and into another pillar. Then both fighters landed on the ground, Ruby keeping her gaze on Regirock.