Chapter 3

11 years ago

Ruby awakened in a strange place. Rather than resting on a chilly, solid surface, she was laying in a bed. Only, this was not her bed, and this was not her room. She was in a nice, spacious bedroom that had a soft chair beside her along with a lamp and nightstand. Over where the light shined in was a large window that revealed blue skies. She sat up winced slightly, her back sore and aching. She looked down and saw she had a few bandages covering the small cuts on her arms. Lifting the covers up, she had some on her legs too. She had no idea if what happened last night was real or not, but she was still tired, she felt sick, and was really puzzled by her new surroundings. 

"Oh, your awake!"

Ruby looked over to see a beautiful woman around 5'8 with black hair and blue eyes. She wore a grey, black-striped sweater with blue jeans. She could see that Ruby looked frightened, so she slowly walked up to her and sat on the bed.

"My name is Evelyn." She introduced herself. "Do you have a name?"

"R-Ruby..." She said meekly.

Evelyn smiled at her. "That's a pretty name for a pretty girl like you."

"T-thank you..." Ruby blushed at the compliment.

Evelyn put a hand on Ruby's forehead, the cold touch startling the little girl. Her hand glowed pink and the little girl began to feel better.

"Your fever has gone down, but you still need to get more rest. You're lucky I found you before the Grimm did." She said.

"How did you find me? Where am I?" Ruby asked.

"This is Aegis Village and I'm its Leader and town Doctor." She says. "You see, one of my responsibilities is to search for any Grimm that try to break through our village's defenses. When I went out last night, I found you inside the Sacred Chamber and many signs of an intense battle around the forest." She looks up, holding a finger to her chin. "I must say, it did a good job protecting you."

"It?" Ruby tilted her head. Evelyn looks back down at the child.

"Regigigas: The Giant of Remnant." 

Ruby only grew more confused. She had never heard of such a thing. Before running away, her mother and sister used to read her fairytales before bed. Was this Regigigas another such fairytale?

"Regigigas is an ancient being that exhibits tremendous power and strength. In fact, it was responsible for moving the Continents of Remnant to how they are now."

"Woaaah!" Ruby says, amazed.

"Woah, indeed." Evelyn smiles, chuckling a little. "Regigigas is said to awaken when it senses someone with true potential. It had been asleep for quite some time now, but it appears it has awakened again."

Ruby looked at her confused, until she asked; "Did I wake him up?"

"I suppose you did."

"Sorry..." She looked down sadly.

"No, it's alright. It's good that he woke up."

"Why?" Evelyn giggles again at her curiosity, finding her adorable.  "Well, because now he shall grant the one who awoken him one request."

"A request?"

"For those that awaken Regigigas, he will grant them one request of whatever their heart desires. And the one who woke him up this time, was you Ruby."