Chapter 2

11 Years ago

"REEE-GIII-GIII-GAASS!!!"

Ruby backed away from fear of the Giant that gradually trudged up to her. It raised it foot up to take a step as Ruby was thinking that they were going to crush her. She anxiously shut her eyes tight and was getting ready for the fate that loomed for her. On the positive side of things, she might be reunited with her mom again. She waited for it to end her by crushing her little body.

She waited.

And waited.

Okay, obviously something was wrong since she was very much alive. Sadly. She opened one of her eyes and noticed the Giant's foot only barely coming into contact with her head. It brought its leg back and planted it back on the floor, which caused Ruby to jump a bit in the air. The Giant, whatever it was, looked down on her. Ruby's stomach growled more loudly than before and grabbed it painfully, her silver eyes shrinking, and her breath hitching in her throat. The Giant proceeded to walk away, carefully stepping over the frightened four-year old girl and strolled outside. Ruby questioningly observed the Giant and wondered why it was going out in the rain. That was when she had heard the sounds of growling and hissing she got her answer.

Ruby slowly went out and spotted a pack of Beowolves, two Ursas and a King Taijitu outside the chamber. Ruby understood why the Giant had awakened. Not because Ruby came into the room, but due to the fact that it sensed the Grimm outside.

"GIII-GAAAA!!!" The giant lumbered forward in a slow charge, as the Grimm attacked.

The Giant grabbed one of the Ursa's in its hand and threw it in the forest, before getting piled on by the pack of Beowolves. Their alpha slashed at the braille patterned face plate as sparks flew, but the Giant grabbed that Grimm too.

"REEE-GIII!!!" With one hand as it grabbed the other Ursa before it could attack from behind, the Giant started crushing the Alpha's body and the Ursa's neck. They both roared in pain and anguish as Ruby saw them getting crushed to death. The King Taijitu with its own body, coiled around the Giant and proceeded to squeeze it.

"REEGIII!!" The Giant threw away the lifeless Ursa's body and began charging an orange ball of energy in the palm of its hand. He aimed it at the white head and shot out a powerful energy beam that disintegrated the White Taijitu head to dust.

"GIII-GAAAA!!" The Giant's non-free hand crushed the Alpha's body in half, then began charging another beam at the other head. The Black Taijitu let go and the giant aimed down at the untouched Grimm pack and blasted them into dust. Just before the Black Head Taijitu could escape, the Giant grabbed it's head and crushed it in his literal death grip as the rest of it's body disintegrated.

Ruby had never seen anything like it before. This Giant was picking off Grimm like they were nothing. Then she heard the loud screech of a Nevermore in the air as it sensed the battle with the Giant.