Chapter 50: It Ends Here (His POV)

CHAPTER 50

ORION

After 2 years I'm finally back in Manila. I missed the busy roads, stop lights, heavy traffic and very hot weather which I don't usually feel in England. It is January and it's quite breezy when you're outside but it doesn't feel as cold as it is in England, so it's still warm for me, though. It's still snowing in London when I leave.

Guess I'll be back in Manila for good! My father will be retiring next month and will transfer his position to me. Honestly, I'm still unsure of my capabilities to handle that position because that was huge. Being a CEO is not an easy job, yes you'll probably earn thousands per day but... it's not a joke. Absolutely not a bloody joke.

Nobody knows I was coming home today except George. He'll be picking me up when I arrived. I didn't tell my parents because I want to surprise them. I went to the arrival area of the airport, unfortunately, my beloved cousin was not there yet. Looks like I'll wait here 'til forever, but they said there's no forever so maybe I'll wait here for a lifetime. Yeah, right I should stop with my nonsense jokes, it ain't funny anymore.

After few minutes he finally arrived. We gave each other a manly hug.

"Dude, long time! How are you?" He greeted me first.

"Perfectly fine but incomplete." Then I gave him a smile with a look of 'you-already-know-what-it-means', I guess he knew what it means right away.

"So how's England?" He asked while helping me with my things.

"Still the same. It was actually snowing when I leave." I replied.

When we were on our way home, we basically did nothing but talk and talk and talk. I think that was the longest conversation we've ever had. George and I were really close since we were a kid so there was never an awkwardness whenever we talk. Well he announces that he already proposed to Patricia, oh God, what a poor girl! I think I have to talk to her and warn her-- just kidding!

While we were stuck at the heavy traffic, I decided to turn on the radio. I smiled when I heard the song.

The road I have traveled on

Is paved with good intentions

It's littered with broken dreams

That never quite came true

When all of my hopes were dying

Her love kept me trying

She does her best to hide

The pain that she's been through

This song reminds me of her.

When she cries at night

And she doesn't think that I can hear her

She tries to hide

All the fear she feels inside

So I pray this time

I can be the man that she deserves

'Cos I die a little each time

When she cries

I can never forget that I was once married to her... to a girl who changed my life.

She's always been there for me

Whenever I've fallen

When nobody else believes