ten

July 17, 2017 London

Since my and Lizzie lunch date ten days ago, we're having at least one conversation over the phone every day. We couldn't meet again, because she's busy with promoting her new movies and I left to England few days ago.

That's why I'm in London right now. In my family-ish house since 2008. I only spent here two years, before I went to college in San Francisco, leaving my mom and my little sister alone.

"Can you be faster?! It's my bloody birthday and I won't be late, because of your ass!" Charlotte, Charlie for short, aka my sister, yells through the bathroom door.

"Stop shouting, geez! I'll be out in a minute, god" I grumble, rolling my eyes.

As I wipe my mouth dry after brushing my teeth, I hear Charlie groans, hitting her forehead on the door. I hang the towel on the hook and open the door, rather abruptly, making the younger girl stumble a little.

"You're such a child, Char, I swear" I laugh out as I leave the bathroom, flicking her off on my way.

"Well, I'm 14, sorry if you're too old to understand a young soul like mine" She yells at me and I turn around to grab her and kill her or other stuff, but she laughs and quickly close the door after her.

"I don't care if it's your birthday, I'll make your life miserable!" I threaten her as I hit the door once.

"Ha! I wanna see how!" She replies cockily and I can hear the smirk over the closed door.

"It wouldn't be too nice if I'd post your embarrassing photos on my Instagram" I start, hearing how her breath hitches on the mentions of Instagram. I smirk and continue. "You know, the one account where I have over 50 million followers?"

"No! Wait!" She yells, starting to open the door already, but I'm quick to run to the kitchen. "Arsehole!"

I laugh at her and she close the door again loudly as I jump on the couch comfortably. I pull out my phone and open the app to look if I really have any embarrassing photos of Charlie to post, but when I'm about to look through my gallery, I feel someone hits the back of my head.

"Ouch!" I whine, my hand automatically flies to that spot and rubs it soothingly. I narrow my eyes at the older woman and shoot her a questionable look. "What was that for?"

"Don't post photos of your sister anywhere without her consent or I swear I'll post something worst of you" My mom, Alice, threatens me with a finger pointing at me.

"That's just rude" I mumble as I tuck the phone away.

"You know what's rude?" She asks, but I shake my head for her to continue. "You came to visit us after so long and first thing you're doing is being mean to your sister. She missed you, Perry, be a good older sister for her, yeah?" She tells me and I flinch a little at her tone.

"I... She knows I missed her too, right? I'm always mean to her just as she is to me, it's all playfully" I defend myself, but seeing mom's face I let a deep sigh and close my eyes.

"She had a little hard time in school these last months" She informs me and I open my mouth to ask what she's talking about, because I didn't know this. "I didn't wanna tell you over the phone, alright? I got this handle, but she can use some quality time with you. Alone. You know it's different with you than it's with me. She looks up to you, Perry"

"I'm sorry. These months are crazy, to be honest, especially with my new album now"

"I know, I'm not blaming you, honey. Just be nice to her, okay?" She asks softly and I nod.

"Of course" I say and in perfect time, Charlie comes in into the living room, now fully clothed and ready to head out.

"Are you mourn someone or something" She chuckles, seeing our serious faces. Mom shakes her head with a small smile and leaves to the kitchen and I smile widely at the younger girl.