sixty eight

September 16, 2018 Los Angeles

Like I said, I went to Harry's and stayed for a few beers. I left his house around 11 p.m when I was just too sad to be social. The conversation with Lizzie kept playing in my head the whole evening. I was kinda a party pooper, but I couldn't care less. The people there, wasn't even my friends, only Harry's, so fuck them. The whole night I kept moving, not being able to fall asleep. I think I slept like 2 hours top.

I just didn't know what to do in that situation. I still don't and it's already morning.

So, I decide to do something what I didn't do in a long time. I dress up in a black Nike hoodie and matching joggers before I walk out from my apartment. As I stay in the elevator, going down, I connect my earbuds with my phone and put them inside my ears. I play my running playlist and first song what plays is Better Than Revenge. I smirk when I hear my bestie's voice, chuckling softly before leaving the elevator. I wave to Pete, the bodyguard, and begin to run from the building, following my usual route

I run and run, until my lungs are having a problem in breathing, so I take a sudden stop. I rest my hands on my knees, breathing heavily with closed eyes. After a solid minute, I stand up and look around.

"The hell..." I mutter confused when I don't recognize my surrenders. I pull out my phone and check my location. "Shit" I hiss when I see how far away from home I am. I was running for over an hour and I'm near Dunphy House in Cheviot Hills. Fuck, I just run over 5 miles.

Which means that if I'd double the distance, I'd be near Lizzie's house. Goddammit. Even when I'm mad at her, my subconscious still wants to be close to her. I sigh, pinching my nose and trying to think what to do. My body is covered in sweat and I bet I look gross right now. I'm debating my options here, but then I exhale annoyed and start running again.

On my way, I step in a coffee shop for 2 coffees (decaf for Lizzie) and in another hour, I'm in front of Lizzie's house. I bite my tongue as I open the door with my keys, not knocking before that. I practically live here, she can go fuck herself if she wants me to start knocking again. Fuck no.

Maybe normally, I'd give her a day to cool off or wait for her to call me, but I've planned filming another music video tomorrow and it'll last for at least a couple of days. Then I have some promoting shit, so I'm not losing my free day because of a small, stupid argument.

The house is silent when I take off my shoes and goes inside. It worries me a little, usually some music is playing or at least I can hear some life.

"Elizabeth?" I knock to the bedroom, but I don't hear any response, so I open the door slowly, peaking my head inside.

I see my girlfriend lying on the bed, covered with a few blankets. I instantly walk to the bed and kneel in front of Lizzie's face. She's sleeping soundly, but her face is all sweaty.

"Sweetheart? Are you okay?" I whisper, placing the back of my head on her forehead and hiss quietly how hot it is. "Shit, not again" I mumble with a shaky breath, remembering about the last time. Why she's getting sick in the worst times?

I decide to keep her sleep more as I move to the kitchen for pills. Now, I know where everything is, so I only take a minute or so to return to the bedroom with a bottle of Advil and warm water with lemon and honey. I already ordered some chicken soup from restaurant and some food for me. I'm fucking starving after running for so long.

"Elizabeth, hey it's time to wake up" I nudge the older woman softy and she lets out a groan, her eyes slowly open after blinking a few times.

"Perry" She groggily replies, a small smile tugs on her lips at my sight. "Hey, baby"