7

May 17, 2021 Los Angeles

I watch as Max stands on his tiptoes to reach something on the shelf that is too high for him to reach for the next year at least.

I roll my eyes as I rush to him, picking him up swiftly. He squeals, making me laugh.

"What are you doing, little man?" I ask teasingly, turning him in my arms. He has a toothy smile filled with feigned innocence. Already a small actor.

"I want candy" He tells me sadly.

"Before lunch? We don't eat sweets before lunch, buddy" I remind him and he pouts, but nod grudgingly. "Where's your mommy, hm?" I ask as I put him back on the floor.

He shrugs and I sigh, giving him permission to continue watching his cartoons.

Why I am asking my own child where is his mother? Well, the answer is really easy. She didn't speak a word to me since yesterday evening.

Why?

Oh, well, I said I don't want a child for the next year or two.

And the effect of my words? She stormed out from the bathroom and went to sleep without another word.

So, it's fun for me.

"Elizabeth!" I call out and a second later, she appears in the doorway with a stoic expression. "I need to go or I'll be late and our son just tried to steal a candy" I inform her as I walk closer to her.

"Okay" She replies and goes to sit next to Max. I roll my eyes and follow her, only to kiss my son's top of the head and mutter 'see you later, buddy'. "Buy some milk on your way back!" She yells after me, but when I look back at her, she's focused on Max.

"Buy some milk" I mumble to myself, mimicking my fiancée as I close the front door.

I take my car and drive to some café that Julianne wanted to meet in. I've never been here, but it looks cozy enough.

I recognize the woman who's sitting in the corner as her and walk there with a smile. We share a greeting before we take our seats.

"Thank you for meeting with me. I know it was very unusual to ask" She begins with a smile and I nod along, whispering 'of course'. "I'll save our time and won't beat around the bush. I'm one of the producers in a new movie that Apple TV+ is distributing. I'm also having a main role in this movie and I want you to work along me" She tells me and I freeze in my place from shock.

"Y-You what?" I stutter out, watching how she laughs at me.

"You're perfect for the role, Clower. I checked your interviews and some videos I could find. The role screams your name. I know you don't have any previous experience with acting, but in my opinion, you're natural" She says and I listen to her carefully.

She explains with details what's the movie about, why she wants me to play the role. I don't say anything until she stops talking and asks what I think about it.

"Em... I'm flattered that you want me, but I'm a singer. Don't you prefer an actual actor to do this?" I can't stop myself from asking this. The only acting I've done before is my music videos.

"Well, if we're honest with each other, this role was supposed to be play by a male actor, but it didn't work out. The producers wanted to find another one, but that's when I stepped in. We decided to go with a woman instead. But I want a queer woman playing a queer role and there isn't too many women that are so freely open with their sexuality like you are, Perry"

"Oh, wow" I breathe out at her whole monologue. She sound so passionate about it, just like me when I speak about music. "I-It sounds interesting, very interesting, but even if I decided to join, when and where would filming take place?"