one

May 19, 2017 Cannes, France

"Can I have another of this?" I ask, pointing at my, now, empty glass.

"Sure" The bartender nods and moves around the bar to start preparing my drink.

I give him a small smile, but I don't think he even notices, but I like being nice to people who are giving me alcohol, can you blame me?

After a minute he puts the drink in front of me and I mutter a small 'thank you' to him and take a sip from the glass. I close my eyes as the liquid burns my throat perfectly. Old Fashioned, my favorite.

I hear the quiet bell behind me and I turn my head, just enough to see who entered this pub. After all, it's an Irish pub and not some expensive bar when most people from the event goes.

I bite my lip automatically at the dark blonde in white t-shirt and white, ripped mom jeans. She has sunglasses on her nose and a baseball cap on her head. Very mysterious, probably she tries to stay hidden around everyone. Also, she looks like she's famous, so she probably chose this pub to stay low, good choice in my opinion. I'm very low profile by myself right now.

I turn my head back when I notice that I'm looking at her too long and probably look like a fucking creep or something. I bring the glass to my lips and slowly take a sip while the woman sits three bar stools from me.

My phone lays next to the glass, so I click the power button, checking the hour.

8.31 p.m.

So, I'm here for an hour already and this woman is the first interesting person who come in here.

I wait a few minutes for her to sit, order a drink and take off her glasses and cap. She does it in less than fifteen minutes. I also smile at her choice of drink, Mojito, not for me, but at least it's not too sweet drink or some virgin version of weird named drink.

"You got this" I whisper to myself and stand up with the drink I hold in my hand, another I shove my phone into my pocket in white pants I'm wearing right now, also I fix my linen long sleeve shirt, so it doesn't show too many of my tattoos, except of them on my left hand.

I take a deep breath and approach the woman with a small smile, nothing too cocky, so I don't scare her off, but confident enough for her to take me seriously.

"Hi, is this set taken?" I ask politely with the best British accent I can. Women love British people, not sure why, but I'm not complaining here. Her head snaps to me and she narrows her eyes as she looks at my face with furrows eyebrows.

"I guess, yes" She replies and I smile brightly to her in thanks and sit, putting my glass on the bar. I angle myself, so my body is facing her and my elbow rests on the counter peacefully.

"I'm Perry, can I join you for a drink?" I greet her softly, trying to be respectful as possible. My intentions aren't to freak her out or make her uncomfortable, I'm just looking for nice company for tonight.

She turns her head to her drink and bites her bottom lip, probably in thoughts. I give her time to think about my request and after a few seconds she turns back her head to my and nod softly.

"Yeah, that sound nice" She agrees and I can't stop the smile from showing on my face.

"Great!" I exclaim happily and raise my hand for the bartender. He approaches quickly to us. "I'll have another one of mine and whatever the lady wants" I say, nodding to the blonde next to me. She chuckles lightly and orders the same drink.

"You know, I just got my previous drink, right?" She asks amused and I laugh softly.

"I know, but if you'll have another drink in front of you, then maybe you won't run from me too soon. It'd be a shame" I admit truthfully, making her laugh. She has a pretty laugh. Eyes too, very green, easy to get lost in them. But when she stops laughing and takes a sip of the Mojito, I realize that I still don't know her name.