fourteen

August 4, 2017 New York

I was afraid that the night when she found me drunk will change things between us or even my meeting with Lizzie's sisters. But surprisingly, it didn't.

The last few days, Lizzie was as sweet as she was before that and we spent almost every day together after that. Mostly it was in my house, just enjoying my private pool and gym together.

And a lot of sex too. We can't forget about that part.

Lizzie also took me to New York with her, so we're here for the last three days.

I'm chilling in the hotel room as Lizzie is on some interviews or premiere of her movie two days ago. I was lucky enough to be the one to take it off after it, just like for the other things.

But today, Lizzie invited me for a dinner with her co-star, Aubrey. I already met with Jeremy after the premiere, but she wanted more quality time with Aubrey and me, because they're good friends after the filming of their movie.

She assures me it's a very casual thing and as today is hot as fuck in New York, I decide on black pants with a black t-shirt and gray, short sleeve dress shirt. Some gray socks and black Converse, along with a black belt.

It's what I'm usually wearing, so I didn't go overboard, trusting Lizzie words

It's what I'm usually wearing, so I didn't go overboard, trusting Lizzie words. She wears some mom jeans and one of my t-shirts. It's too big for her, so she tucks it into her pants, looking very cute.

It's a short ride to the hotel and quickly we're in front of Taco Bell. I smile at the choice, because I'm a huge fan of Mexican kitchen, Lizzie knows me already too well.

We arrive first, so we find a seat and order water in the meanwhile. For our luck, people are busy with themselves and we didn't pop over to any paparazzi in our free time, so it's a plus too.

We have some small talk about our next few days when the door opens and Lizzie grins at the person who enters. She waits as the girl is closer and stands up quickly, pulling her into a hug.

"Aubs, this is..." Lizzie starts talking as she pulls away from the hug. I see how she stops herself for a second with furrowed brows, but shakes it off quickly. "Perry. Perry this is Aubrey"

"Nice to meet you, Aubrey" I smile politely at the woman and hold my hand for her.

"Hello" She says and gives me a quick shake.

I try to be myself, but better, wanting to do a good impression at her. We all sit and look at the menu. I order chalupa as the girls order two burritos for each. I also order a few tacos to take to the hotel later.

We talk the whole time as we wait for our food. Aubrey seems like a very specific person, but honestly it suits her and she's great. Her sarcastic personality makes her fun to be around and it's hard to bore with her. I can see why Lizzie likes her so much.

Also, I notice how flirty they are with each other. I know that Lizzie is very nice and polite to people and it's easy to mistake it with being flirty, but it's more in this case. At least for Aubrey. And Aubrey seems flirty as much as Lizzie, if not more.

She tells her compliments the whole fucking time and it makes me a little angry. I enjoy her company, sure, but her attitude in our direction is weird.

Honestly, I'm very jealous and possessive type of person with someone I am with. I mean, before when I found someone I wanted to sleep with, I'd be over her and not let anyone be close to her for that time being. Maybe it's a little toxic, but I don't like having competition. When I wanted someone, I did whatever I need to have her.

But with Lizzie is different. She's more precious and important to me. I'm learning to trust her and being cool around people. The last thing I want is scaring her off.

So, I try my best the whole time being casual about it, not making any jealous comment about their interactions. Maybe a few times I grip my thigh tightly or dig my fingers into my flesh to stop myself from throwing my food and walking out from the restaurant.

Lizzie had to mention to her that we're together, right? It's the whole reason why we're here today, to meet each other as two important people in Lizzie's life right now. So why the hell they're flirting with each other in front of me?

I mean... I know we didn't specify this, but it's fucking clear that we are together. We are not in high school to make a big deal of asking another person to be their girlfriend. Right?

At the end of the dinner, I start being anxious as hell about it. The only thought in my head is Lizzie and how easily I could lose her for someone else if I don't do anything with it. I can feel Lizzie's eyes on me at the end, but I shake her off, not wanting to do something I'll regret. I can't blow this off. Not with her.

I fake my smile as we say our goodbyes with Aubrey and it quickly fades when she leaves us alone.

We walk in silent to our hotel, a small bag with food in my hand. My thoughts going so fast in my head and I'm being that zone off that I don't notice when Lizzie takes my hand and stop me from walking. I look up and see that we're already near the hotel, Lizzie's worried eyes stare into mines with passion.

"You start being weird in the middle of dinner, what's wrong?" She asks softly, her thumb caressing my knuckles.

I look over her face, before I look down on our connected hands. I bite my lip hard and take my hand back from her grasp and I don't wait to see her hurt expression as I push the bag to her hand.

"I need to go" I mumble, before I walk away from her without second thought. I hear her calling for me once, but she doesn't do it again, probably not wanting to draw attention for her.

I walk fast and I'm not surprised when I reach Central Park very quickly. I still have my sunglasses on my nose, since I put them after leaving the restaurant, so I let myself to sit on the bench near the entry to the park.

"Fuck" I groan into my hands as they rest on my knees.

I know I shouldn't leave her alone like this, but I didn't want to snap at her and I know I was close. I ignore the vibrations from my phone, I don't want to see Lizzie's name on the phone and I know that she's calling me right now, just like she did for the last three times.

I rest my back over the bench and look up into the sky, letting a deep breath. Am I exaggerating this? I mean, it wasn't me who fucking flirt with someone else in front of you. With a pout, I pull out my phone and call to someone who can help me with my dilemma.

"Hello!" The happy voice fills your ears, making you light up immediately.

"Thank god. Hi, Tay" I breathe out and sit straight.

"Whoa! What's wrong, Clower?" Taylor asks seriously, her playful tone is gone now.

"Let's play a game called 'Help Perry with a girl', shall we?"

"What?" She chuckles into my ear and I groan, pinching my nose in annoyance.

"Tay, please take it seriously. I don't wanna mess up" I whine and she mumbles a quiet 'sorry'. "It's okay, I know you're not used to calls like this. But something happened and I really don't know what to do"

"Alright, tell me everything"

Published: 4 June, 2022