Chapter 5

September 19, 1990

"Happy Birthday dear Hermione... Happy Birthday to you."

With a blush, Hermione quickly blew out the eleven candles on her cake as everyone cheered around her. As she looked around the room, she couldn't help but smile at everyone that had gathered together to celebrate her eleventh birthday. Her dads were standing on either side of her, dutifully tending to her. Her Uncle Regulus wasn't too far away, a small smile resting on his face that was for his niece and her alone. Narcissa and Lucius congregated with Andromeda and Ted Tonks while Nymphadora stood with her boyfriend Charlie Weasley. Lily and James were smiling and clapping beside Frank and Alice Longbottom.

Neville, Harry, and Draco all sat close by to her, Harry bouncing excitedly in his seat while Draco just smiled sweetly at Hermione. "Did you make a wish Mi?" Harry asked.

"I did," Hermione said, as her cheeks tinged pink slightly.

"Then we can have cake now! Right mum?" Harry clapped and everyone laughed.

"Alright, alright," Lily said, chuckling and cutting up the cake and passing around pieces. Everyone ate and chatted merrily as the party went on. Remus smiled, looking around the room. This was all he had ever dreamed of having for his daughter. Even if they weren't blood-related, everyone in the room he considered his family.

"They just..." Remus began, and Sirius squeezed his hand slightly. They had just returned to Grimmauld from an attempt at introducing Hermione to his mother and father. To say it had not gone well would be an understatement. He knew that his father had always been wary of his affliction but he had thought they would set that aside for their granddaughter. He was wrong.

"It's ok Moony," Sirius soothed. "We already have all the family we need."

"Daddy, where are your mum and dad? Are they my grandparents too?" Hermione asked from her place next to Regulus on the couch as she ate another biscuit.

"Oh bloody hell no kitten," Sirius said, choking on his firewhiskey. "Fortunately my mother and father are both dead."

"Sirius," Regulus said, pinching the bridge of his nose.

"You know it's true," Sirius said haughtily. "Good riddance to that monster."

"This is for you Hermione," Neville said with a shy smile as he handed her a beautiful potted sunflower.

"Thank you, Neville," she smiled at him. "It's beautiful."

"What is it?" Harry asked, his brows furrowed in confusion.

"It's a sunflower," Hermione said, chuckling.

"It represents friendship and loyalty," Draco added and Neville nodded quickly.

"I love it," she said, smiling brightly.

"Neville is having a bit of a Herbology phase," Frank chuckled.

"Did you know that there is a plant called a Venus flytrap in the muggle world? It's a pretty flower but kills and eats flies, spiders, crickets, and slugs," Neville began to ramble excitedly as the three children listened on. "We have one that is gigantic and lives in the Forbidden Forest. Can you imagine, that you are just sitting in the forest, enjoying the nice day and out of nowhere, a Venus Flytrap just snaps you up!"

"Wicked!" Harry shouted and Draco rolled his eyes, turning his attention back to the birthday girl.

"I got you something too Mi," Draco smiled and picked up the package beside him on the ground. He handed it to her very proudly and she immediately opened it. "It's a book about Quidditch. I thought since you like to read and you don't really understand Quidditch-"