Chapter 9

'Dear Mum and Dad,

Thanks for sending me some more treats from Sugarplums. Theo and I really enjoyed the miniature treacle tarts! Can't wait to finally come home for Yule so I can ride my broom- Draco said he's a better flyer and —————'

The quill made a huge line along the page with the ink still on it as Pansy snatched the parchment from across the table, nosy to see what Harry was scribbling so furiously at while they sat in the library with Hermione, Draco, and Blaise.

"Hey!" Harry whined and Madam Pince hushed them as he snatched the parchment back.

'Sorry, that disaster on the page is Pansy's fault, she's annoying but I still want to get her a Christmas present I guess. Hermione is reading over my shoulder now and said thanks for her sugar quills. When we get back can we go shopping for Christmas presents in Diagon? I want to buy something for Mi and Draco and Theo and Blaise and Pansy and Daphne and I guess Ron- I have a few friends in Gryffindor but Mi and Draco are still my best friends and now she and I are friends with all of Draco's friends too. He made friends pretty fast and Pansy punched this kid in the nose that tried picking on Hermione- Mi said I shouldn't have written that but I think it was WICKED.

speaking of! you should've seen Theo's face when professor McGonagall brought in Padfoot and showed the class about animaguses. he's such a cool uncle, but I bet the class would REALLY be wowed if they saw dad could turn into a deer!!!!

Hermione said the proper term is stag because dad is bigger than a deer but it's the same thing, right?

anyway! Hermione said that Draco said that his mum is having one of those (scratched out boring) dance ball things at their house and Hermione wants to know if mum will take her dress shopping and she, auntie Cissa, and mum can have a 'proper ladies day' - whatever that means, and she wants to know if you will invite Pansy and Daphne and their mums too maybe if auntie Narcissa is friends with them.

Uncle Moony said when I write to tell you he says hi, and he and Pads will definitely be coming round for Christmas as usual and to stock up on chocolates and hot cocoa cause.... '

Harry paused, drawing a moon and a paw print on the page.

But you know that!

Just under a fortnight till I see you!

Love,

Harry

and Hermione (she asked me to sign her name too)

"Why do you have to go shopping with Aunt Lily and my mum?" Draco whined, playing with one of her curls while Hermione was scribbling away furiously for an assignment. "We will be home and there are so many things to do. Just stay with me and Potter and his mum and my mum will pick you out a dress."

"It's only one day Draco," Hermione giggled, looking up at him with her doe eyes. His smile widened as he looked at her. "You and Harry will survive without me, just like you did before you met me."

"Potter is boring without you," Draco said with a smirk. "You're my favorite."

"Hey! I'm right here!" Harry exclaimed, causing Madam Pince to glare over at him again. He sheepishly looked down at his textbook.

"Shut up Potter," Draco chuckled, gathering his and Hermione's books. He smiled at her, holding out his hand. "Come on Mi, let's go eat dinner."

"Ok," the curly-haired witch said smiling and standing up, taking his hand.

"Do they even realize we are still here?" Blaise chuckled, watching Draco as he helped adjust the red bow in Hermione's curls.

"No," Harry grumbled, standing up with Blaise. "It's not like we have to eat too or anything."