A SHOCKING VIEW

When I feel lonely, I go into the forest. I look at the birds as the fly, the butterflies as they display their warming color, the insects as they roam around.

Sometimes I try to talk to them. To let the things in my heart out.....but then I remember. They're just animals. They can't understand me. I just sigh. Who will understand me?

I heard my name from home as my mum called me. Whenever she distracts me from my views I know she needs something. I ran home quickly to answer her.

"Mum I'm here." I said panting.

"I have told you not to run too much my dear." She said with worry evident on her face.

"Whenever I hear your voice calling me, my heart skips a I want to reach you immediately. What's the matter?"

"I just realized our woods finished. I wanted us to go get some woods in the forest for tomorrow." My mum said.

"You wait mum. I'll go get it as swift as I can."

"What! No. I can't leave you alone. Let's go "

"Mum.......I'm 16. Old enough to protect myself. Okay I'll take Raya with me."

Raya was my little pet. She doesn't follow me anywhere I go always, but I always take her when I want to calm my mum's heart that I'm not alone.

My mum looked at me Rolling her eyes. Abd I looked back at her with assurance.

"Fine. But don't be long."

"For sure mum." I said with excitement as I ran out of the house.

I came back inside remembering I didn't take anything. I quickly carried Raya, a Cutlass and some ropes to tie my wood......and......off I go.

I went deep deep into the lonely forest. Looking at abd touching everything thing I see. This was what I love most in my life, me alone in these forest seeing captivating and unbelievable views no one ever has.

I halted where I saw some woods. I started cutting them down with my Cutlass. When I cut the amount I needed, I tied it together and placed it on my head. Raya was watching me all along.

Raya and I never liked each other. That's why I never took it out with me wherever I go. But we always pretended to my mum that were good. I never trust it since the day my mum found it in the forest and I never pitied it.

We started walking back to our home. I was sad there was no new thing to see today, but happy I at least came out to see everything here fine and healthy. I might get sad seeing one of the plants die or stay unhealthy.

Raya stopped. "Hey let's go. Why'd you stop?" I asked sounding frustrated and irritated talking to this dog.

"Woo woo woooo wo...." Raya was barking.

"What's wrong, let's go." I didn't understand what she meant.

It seemed Asif she was trying to tell me not to follow that way. "Let's go." I kept on shouting as she barked.

Raya started running in an opposite direction. I was startled abd I suddenly started following her.

"Raya! Wait where are you going. Let's go home. I swear I'll kill you if I get hold of you." I kept on shouting as I ran after her.

Raya kept on increasing her pace. She seemed scared........I was wondering what was going on when.......I began to hear footsteps behind me, running.

I turned my head and looked back a little, I saw a huge beast running behind me. Suddenly, I didn't know how my pace increased.

I ran like never before......panting and running. Raya was still running and never stopped.

Soon, I stopped as I didn't hear the footsteps again. Raya also stopped. I turned back and saw the beast running in another direction. There was some spots and marks all over his body. I saw his back as he ran.....there was a visible red mark there.

"What was that?" I asked myself, looking shocked than ever.

Raya was just panting. I looked at her. She was trying to save me all alone and I was planning on killing her.

"Let's go now. It's gone." I said to myself as I didn't want to thank her. I owe her nothing, it's just her duty as my pet.

Raya and I started walking back home. I reached where I had thrown the woods from my head. I quickly carried it and we started going home as if nothing happened.

"What took you so long?" Mum asked looking all worried.

"You worry too much mum. The trees were just too strong so it took long to cut them. Right Raya?" I turned to Raya who looked at me with anger.

"Woo." Raya answered in agreement with me.

"Mum I'm tired. I need to rest a little." I said and started walking to my room. My mum patted my back as I went in.

When I reached inside, I started thinking and rewinded my brain to what happened earlier today. It was as if it never happened..so fast that I couldn't fathom it at all.

"Did I just see a beast? With claws and all?" I was so excited. I had a new adventure today. I now have and experience. I saw a beast.

I stood up and jumped in happiness and victory. I was so excited. My night just got better.

"I want to see it again. This time with bravery." I said to myself. I was so determined to see it again. I wanted to see it's face and the whole body. "Yes. I'll go there. Again."