Chapter 2

In the morning, little Eleanor woke up first, it was warm but hard under her, she woke up and saw duke Normandy, he was laying down with his head back, hair as well, first he had dark red hair and then it turned black, she was mesmerized by the unique color hair, she hasn't never seen those kind of hair, she got up and sat next to him, watching his beautiful hair laying from the couch down the ground. She reached to touch the hair until the duke woke up all of the sudden.

"Ah, I'm very sorry, my lord, I-I didn't mean to disturb you while you were sleeping." Little Eleanor got up and went a bit away, the duke got up and smiled.

"It's okay, you didn't disturb me at all, do you like my hair?" The duke asked, which that question was always trouble for little Eleanor, she started to tremble.

"I'm sorry my lord, I didn't mean to do that." She looked down all the time. But little Eleanor was expecting something from the duke that she didn't get from her parents.

"Don't worry miss Wright, you did nothing wrong, are you hungry?" Little Eleanor looked up with a happy face.

"Can I?" Little Eleanor asked happily. The duke got up with a smiling face, took her on her arms.

"My lord, I can walk, it's okay you don't need to hold me." Little Eleanor was embarrassed,  she never experienced  love from anyone.

"Don't worry, let's go, we will be there soon anyway." The duke hold little Eleanor carefully on his arms, he could understand that she was wearing very thin clothes, but he still hold her carefully.

"My lord, when do I start working as a maid, I can clean, cook a bit, and do other things as well." The duke sighed.

"No miss Wright, you will stay here as my new daughter, and I will teach you everything about this dukedom, as well as this kingdom, as well I will teach you martial arts to protect yourself, there will be no abuse of you anymore." The duke explained but little Eleanor just watched his eyes this entire time not listening. The duke turned his head and looked little Eleanor and she was mesmerized by his eyes, the duke was the most beautiful man that little Eleanor had ever seen.

"I'm sorry my lord, I did not understand what you said, I was distracted by your eyes." Little Eleanor spoke as she was a grown up. The duke was wondering as well, how did she manage to speak so formally with someone.

"How come you can speak so formally? Did you learn with anyone?" Little Eleanor just looked at him and shook her head.

"No my lord, I used to read books while I hid myself, they where books for the grown ups but, I understood them." The duke was astonished by her little mind, he just smiled and nodded.

"You seem like a little genius. You will be my new little daughter now, if you don't like it, you can say no if you want to." The duke said as he opened the doors of the dinning room.

"If you give my mom help I will stay here and as you say, my lord." The duke stopped and looked at little Eleanor.

"Is your mom sick?" The duke asked little Eleanor.

"No, my lord, she needs protection from my father." Little Eleanor answered without hesitation, she just wanted to see her mom safe, nothing else, even though she didn't experience love from anybody, she gave love to everyone else.

"Sure, I will send 10 knights there tonight, so you will be resting for a month for now, then we will start the training right away." Little Eleanor just looked at the duke and bowed.

"Enjoy your food, my lord, I will wait outside, and we shall start the training tomorrow." Little Eleanor got up and started to walk towards the door, but the duke stopped her.

"You can eat here, it's okay, I don't know what your father did to you, but we are not the same, so sit here and eat with me." The duke said as he was furious of the thought what little Eleanor's father did. She froze in place not daring to move.

"You don't need to go outside and eat, I prepared the chair here just for you, so please act however you wish." The duke look at little Eleanor's eyes, he extended his hand towards her, little Eleanor hesitated to take the hand but then she took it without thinking twice.

"Please, train me to be the best fighter, so I can protect my mom, my lord." Little Eleanor said with tears on her eyes, the duke caught her and hugged her tightly.

"I will train you to be the best one indeed. So please be my daughter as well." As they hugged each other little Eleanor started crying without any sound, she just hugged him tightly.

"I will be your daughter, father." Everyone in the dinning room just watched as their eyes started to fill with tears.

"From now on your name will be Lea Normandy, the daughter of the duke Ryan Normandy, everyone here will serve you as they serve me." The duke said to little Eleanor and then took her on his lap as they ate breakfast together, the duke had to go to the office room and take care of the business that he had to do, little Eleanor and the butler had gotten to the room, which she would be staying.

"Young miss, I will send a female maid to take you to the bath, and then wear pretty clothes." The butler said in a gentle tone.

"Yes, thank you, and can I request a small matter please?" Little Eleanor requested, as she looked down at the floor.

"Sure, anything you like, my lady." The butler got on one knee to listen to her request. Little Eleanor whispered something on the butlers ear. The butler looked at little Eleanor, and smiled.

"Sure, we can work on that for you, and you can choose the design, we can add anything that you would like-" Little Eleanor shook her head.

"I don't care about the design, just make the clothes like that, for tomorrow." The butler smiled and got up.

"As you wish, my lady, I will assign the maid to come here right away then, please prepare for the bath." The butler said bowing and getting out, after like three to four minutes there was a knock on the door, which the maid was assigned to come.

"Come in please." Little Eleanor said as she covered up from getting ready for the bath. Little Eleanor looked at the maid, she entered and looked at her with a weird look.

"You dare and come here to take his daughters place, you, from a peasant family, you have no shame, you are just like the rumors say, like mother like daughter." She grabbed little Eleanors arm and pushed her to the ground, little Eleanor didn't say anything, she just stood there and looked at the maid with a dead look, which she sends goose pumps down her spine.

"As I thought the maid staff needs to be changed." The butler said behind the door, as he opened the door he saw little Eleanor on the ground, and he looked back up furious at the maid.

"It's okay sir, she didn't do anything wrong, I just tripped on the towel, she wanted just to help me." The butler looked at her again and sighed.

"Okay, I need to talk to her for a minute, so if you'd excuse me for a little." He said smiling but still angry. Little Eleanor nodded and sat down on the bed, as the butler and the maid got outside and moved away from her room.

"How dare you?" The butler said as he was almost about to slap her, she flinched but the butler didn't touch her at all.

"I know that it is hard for you, as well for the duke too, but that accident happened three years ago, I know you loved Lea so much, so did I, she was a bright kid, but please let her rest in heaven with her mother. So please, welcome her as the new young lady in the estate, I heard that she was abused as a child as well from the other people not from her family, but strangers, so put more carefulness towards her, she is a child too, she isn't at fault here." The butler said calmly. He leaned on the wall and sighed from frustration.

"I'm so sorry, I'm so sorry, I really didn't mean too, but the look on the duke's face, he just looked like he was so hurt." The maid got on her knees crying, the butler got to her and hugged her comforting, after a little while she got up and headed to little Eleanors room.

Part two is already here!
Stay tuned for part three!