Chapter 11

"Lea, Lea stay with me, we are home, stay with your father. Call the physician right now!" The duke shouted, making the physician come out right away.

The duke went straight to the nursing room, as the physician followed him. Eleanor was lifeless on the duke's arm.

"What happened my lord?" The physician asked as the duke let her on the bed.

"Bring her to life, I don't care what method you use, if you can't, your life is going to be hell." The duke said as his eyes were screaming danger. The physician nodded and took a look at her, he prepared the things he needed.

James came running and opened the door to come inside.

"Ryan." He was breathless. The duke turned and looked at him afraid.

"Let's get outside, the physician needs to focus on his work." James said as he grabbed him by the shoulder. The duke nodded and started walking outside.

"Just relax for the moment, she will be fine." James said, but the duke started to tremble, just like he did when his wife and daughter had died, by the hands of the enemy.

"H-her body, her body is l-lifeless, s-she just relaxed and I- I-" the duke started to shake of the thought that she had died.

"Hey, hey, let's breathe first, take a deep breath." They both inhaled. "Now exhale." They both exhaled, then James took him by the cheeks and pulled him closer until their foreheads had touched.

"She will be fine, remember, she is too strong to lose just from only that, she learnt from you." He said to the duke and then tears came from the duke's eyes.

"I know you are afraid to lose her, so am I, but she will survive, she is strong." James confronted him.

"S-she had so much blood." He said as he looked his hand covered in blood.

"Maybe it's not her blood, maybe she fought with someone." The duke stopped and looked James.

"The prince, she fought with the prince, she told me that, maybe she had killed the prince, I think that the prince did this." The duke said as he was planning the death of him, after an hour or two, the door of the physician's office opened, revealing Eleanor at the door, holding her ribs. She wore a thin shirt that was opened, her chest was covered by the bra, but her stomach was showing, the duke and James jumped.

"Lea!" Both of them rose to their feet and called for her.

"Don't think about it! Don't even think at all!" Eleanor said as he was breathing heavily.

"Think about what?" The duke asked as he got her by his side so she could lean on him more. She rested herself on the duke and looked at him.

"Don't even think to go to the palace, I know that you were planning to go, I won't let you, please." She said as she looked too pale.

"Don't worry, I won't go, I'll give you, my word." The duke said as he got her on his arms and headed towards her room. As soon, as he arrived in, he put her on the bed, she winced a bit.

"I'm sorry for not telling you." Eleanor said as she closed her eyes and slept.

The duke was way too worried for her, he was the entire night awake, he made sure she was comfortable with the bed, pillow and even the blanket, he made sure if the blanket wasn't too much heavy. The butler came in and saw the duke had fallen asleep while he was watching her sleep. He took a blanket and cowered him as well. John checked Eleanor's temperature; it was quite high since she lost blood way too much. Everyone in the estate had been worried for Eleanor.