Chapter 8

"Luckily I am fine, mister-" Eleanor interfered as she looked straight into his eyes.

"I am the general, but you can call me Math, miss Normandy." He just wanted to shake hands, but Eleanor just looked at him.

"Why aren't bowing down like the others, or maybe I misheard that we are much higher in status than you, hm I thought we were the most powerful family, but I misheard, right father?" She turned towards the duke, he just grinned, the general got on one of his knees and took her hand kissing it gently.

"You heard right, miss Normandy." He turned all red from anger, James got closer to him.

"You don't look too bad kneeling down." James said with a mocking voice. The duke giggled and so did Eleanor.

"Either way, sooner or later you will bow to me instead." Math said as he looked at the duke then at me.

"Maybe than we would have more fun than your mother." He said as he got up grinning, and left. Eleanor just froze, the duke and James didn't know what to say.

Eleanor was burning with rage, she just smirked and the glass on her hand just shattered.

The duke started to say something but Eleanor didn't let him.

"We will stick to the plan, I will make him pay when the time is right, don't worry." She said as she smiled at the duke.

The doors swung open and the emperor together with the empress made their way inside of the ball making their way to the throne, soon after they sat down, the prince entered alone, it was said that he needed someone by his side, but he came alone, without anyone. That surprised everyone.

As he made his way to the throne, the general said something in his ear and then he went and sat down.

"Welcome to the imperial palace, tonight I'm holding this banquet for the honor of our future empire, the ones that are turning adults. Let's raise a toast towards them, also the prince." He said as he raised his glass towards the people and then he raised the glass towards the prince, he just smiled and raised the glass back.

"Now let the joy begin." He said as the music started playing, everyone was in pairs already, and ready for the dance.

Only Eleanor and the prince were without a partner. The prince was looking towards the crowd until he saw Eleanor standing next to the duke.

"Do you care for a dance, my lady." The duke said as he extended his hand.

Eleanor took his hand and giggled.

"Of course, my lord." She took the hand and the duke started leading the way towards the crowd. By the time the prince arrived at the place they were there, he was a bit upset, because he didn't find her there, when he looked at the crowd, he spotted her with the duke.

As the duke took her hand upper than his, they started walking straight, they bowed in front of each other and the duke took her right hand and placed the left hand on her right shoulder, and started spinning, then he lowered his body on the right side a bit and straightened up doing another spin, after that they pushed each other at their arm's length, with the right hand he spun Eleanor, which Eleanor got closer, while she touched his chest and looked each other.

Then they let go with each other and got into someone's else arms. When Eleanor looked up, she realized that it was the prince.

"Hello, miss Normandy, a pleasure to finally meet you." The prince said as he whispered on her ear as he spun her, then he lowered his body on the right side a bit and straightened up doing another spin, as he spun her and brought her closer to him and started moving their bodies, he took a step behind doing a half spin, and the other one forward making her spin and brought her back to his body.

"Likewise, my prince." She said as she held her chin up and looked serious.

As they were spinning around the prince held her on the waist picking her up.

"I thought that the duke's daughter as well as the wife were killed. How come you are alive?" The prince asked as they spun again.

"Thanks to fathers' quick action, I was burning alive, but he came and rescued me, but unfortunately my mother didn't make it out." Eleanor said as they pushed each other at their arm's length.

"That's too bad, I'm sorry." The prince said as he pushed her closer to his chest.

"I don't need your pity, my prince." Eleanor said with a straight face.

"That's understandable, but did you take after your mother, because you don't look like duke Normandy at all." He said with a smile on his face as they lowered their bodies on their left.

"I did take after my mother indeed, but I have my father's boldness." She said as she looked him in the eye.

"Ah I see. I think she was the most beautiful lady in the empire, everyone talked about her, how she didn't age at all." The prince said as they were spinning around.

"My prince, do you know why my father is the strongest in this empire, after the emperor of course?" Eleanor asked with a grin in her lips as they were taking steps behind and forward.

"Is it because the duke was at the war and won the war?" Eleanor giggled as she brought him closer to her and she whispered in his ear.

"Wrong, because he was too powerful to be the emperor's enemy." She said and pulled away from him, they all stopped in front of each other and she grinned at the face the prince had made. He looked surprised and confused.

They all bowed towards each other and then they turned towards the duke and bowed towards him too.

"If you'll excuse me, my prince." Eleanor bowed and went outside, as two of the knights followed her.

She stood in the porch as she looked up at the moon. The knights that followed her cornered her.

Sorry for the delay!