Chapter 47

“No way, she is known for betraying people, she was the one who killed her father.” I started laughing.

“Do you think I would kill my father?” I said as I took the mask off, his face went pale.

“Relax, I won’t do anything to you, I just want to help you, in any way I can,” I said as I put my hand on his shoulder.

“I’m so sorry empress, they made me do it, they are making me steal things from others.” I smiled and nodded.

“And who are they? You just need to tell me so I can help you.” He started to tremble.

“No, you can’t they are the worst.”

“But they aren’t stronger than me,” I said smiling and giving him the things back.

“Here, you take this and send it to them I will follow you, but don’t worry, they won’t be able to catch me, I’m just here to help you, alright?” He nodded and I gave him some of my own money.

He took it and started to head to the ones he had captured, I followed him and made sure not to let the others see me near him, as he entered the room, I was on the balcony, I acted like an old woman, They took the child and beat him.

“Where did ya get this money? That’s hella lot, so you robbed an old woman now did ya?” They took the boy with force and sat him on the floor, it wasn’t a pleasant sight to see.

“N-no, it was a woman, I robbed her, she had so much money that she didn’t notice.” The boy said struggling, I barely stood still, I was so angry I almost let go of my anger, I opened the door and entered with force.

“What the hell is wrong with ya dude?” Sure enough, they didn’t see my face to call me a dude.

“Well, this dude is about to end you all,” I said as I threw my cape and landed on the first one, I took advantage and kicked the other one in the leg making him go on his knees, I took the other one and brought him next to me, I took his head and smashed it with mine.

“This is a nice warm-up, don’t you think?” I said as I smiled at the boy, he was so mesmerized.

The two of them went down way too easily.

“Well, that didn’t last enough I guess, tell me Young boy where are the others?” I said as I tied the two of them, I felt Morva’s energy nearby and I released mine, he quickly came here.

He looked at the bodies and then at me.
“No question, take them for interrogation,” I said and approached the back door, it smelled something fishy.

As I opened the door, I saw that I was correct, they were taking money from the people and keeping it all together, but something else was in there. As I kept going further in the room, the air started to change, there was something magical and yet cursed. I found this odd subject that kept emitting cursed magic. I took it and hid it in a random wrapper.

I turned around and saw Morva already had taken the fallen guys, I looked at the child and smiled.

“Let’s go, I’ll give you a place where you can stay,” I said and he started following me since then. I arrived at the door of the palace, and as I entered the guards stopped the child.

“He’s with me,” I said and they let him enter, I went and picked the room that was closest to mine and let him stay there.

“This is your room, and the one next to is mine, so if you need anything just call me, oh, and the bathroom, I’ll tell someone to take care of it,” I said and turned around to leave.

“Can you teach me how to do that?” The question got me off guard, I turned towards him and smiled.

“Sure, I will teach you them, but first you need to practice, and not with me, yourself,” I explained I didn’t want him to suffer, he was all bruised, and I wanted him to rest for a bit.

“I will, but will you teach me personally?” He reminded me of myself when I was younger, but I guess he was bolder.

I nodded and smiled at him, soon there was a knock, from the sound of it, it might’ve been Ryan.

“Come in,” I said and looked over at the door and I was right, it was Father.

“What a surprise, what brings you here, Duke?” He smiled and went to him. He was smiling at me and looked behind me, he saw the child and I turned to the child for the introduction.

“The devil.” I started laughing, the duke just stood there.

“No, he is my father, he won’t do you any harm.” The child looked confused.
“But he killed thousands of us, that's what they said.” Ryan shifted behind him and looked outside.

“That’s not true, young boy, he was the one who trained me until this day, he made me stronger and made sure to stay by my side at all times, he never failed to do so,” I said as I smiled.

“Well, I don’t blame him, everyone thought of me like that, so that’s alright kiddo, it’s not your fault here.” He was calm and collected.

“He was the one that the great war, but that doesn’t mean he was the bad guy, he is a father, who might have lost her daughter and his wife, but he gained five other children with his actions.

“But he had killed my mother, they told me that, not too long ago either, it was about two months ago.” I widened my eyes, two months ago, that’s where the fire happened and couldn’t go to help the one who was in need.

“No, he wasn’t the one that killed her, it was the enemy, I’m sorry,” I said as I looked down and was upset about it, I couldn’t help her and now her son needs her the most.

“Why are you apologizing?” He said as he raised his voice and stepped closer to me.

“I was there, but I couldn’t help her, she was taken hostage by the enemy with her small child when I heard her scream, I ran in her direction, but I ended up finding her and her toddler dead by the time I arrived, that’s why I set the enemy on fire that night,” I said as my gaze turned dark, I was serious about this one and had wounded me bad enough that I couldn’t forget that night. The boy fell on his knees and was emotionless, but his tears kept on running down.

“I made sure to bury them close to my house, in Telvor empire, where my mother was buried,” I said as I handed him my hand trying to get him, he flinched when I mentioned my mother, he got up and looked at me as he wiped his tears.

“So be strong, for them, and do anything bad for the sake of them,” I said as I offered a smile, soon there was a knock.

“Who is it?” I asked as I didn’t look behind, I looked at Ryan.

“Morva, my empress, I interrogated the two of them, it seems that something serious is going on here.”

I inhaled deeply and exhaled. So, it came out in that term, huh, that didn’t go long.

“Enter,” I said as he opened the door and handed me the papers, I went through them and then I spotted something interesting in them.

“Prepare, we are leaving in a week, I need only two people with me.” I felt Morva and Ryan tense up, but I had a smirk on my face, this was going to be fun.

After today, everything went normally, I slept in my office, and I was working overtime, but I couldn’t help it, I couldn’t let Kinra do my work too, I'm a grown ass. I was finishing the last part, that’s when I heard a noise out of the window. I got up and looked to see who was doing it on purpose. That’s when I saw Alaric, my face lightened up and opened the door and went to him. He opened his arms for me, and I went in for the hug, I had missed him so much.

“Moonlight, you look so fatigued.” I let out a chuckle and looked up at him.