Chapter 14

"Well, obviously you failed, so you better have another plan on your head, before I crush it. So tell, me who was it?" Eleanor asked once again, but this time she had anger in her voice, the one under her started trembling as she looked straight ahead.

"Was it the emperor? Was it the prince? Or was it the general that wants me so dead?" She asked again, but this time her voice sent shivers down his spine, so did for Alfie that heard her, Eleanor grabbed the enemy by the hair and pulled his head up and she had her knee on his shoulder to prevent him from moving.

"Next time tell them to come themselves, I'll be waiting at the bar downtown, at nine in the afternoon, every night." She said letting his hair go and got up. "You can go to your filthy master now." She said as she let him go for good, as she turned to get inside, she stopped at the face Alfie was making.

"What? Did you see a ghost?" She joked and got inside.

"I'm tired, so you do what you want, I'll be sleeping in the chair here." Eleanor said as she took the chair that the enemy was tied up on, and sat down. She leaned back and closed her eyes. She fell asleep immediately, Alfie was surprised as how she fell asleep so soon.

As she was asleep, the four of them was getting the house ready, they cleaned the dust and all. After all the work they had done, Alfie took Eleanor on his hands and took her to the bedroom, as he put her gently on the bed, and covered her with a blanket. As he was about to leave Eleanor grabbed his hand and mumbled something.

"Don't leave." Alfie didn't know what to do, he sat on the floor holding her hand as she was sleeping.

The siblings came in the room and saw that their brother was sleeping while holding Eleanor's hand, they giggled and went to do what they had to do.

Soon Eleanor got up and saw that Alfie was sleeping as he held her hand.

"Alfie, why are you sleeping on the ground?" Eleanor said as tightens her grip on his hand. He started to wake up and let her hand go as he saw that she was sitting and looking at him.

"I'm so sorry, I didn't mean it in a bad way I swear." Eleanor laughed for the first time in a while.

"I know that you don't have bad intentions." Said Eleanor, as Alfie was about to talk, there was a knock on the main door.

As Lin opened the door, there were some guards that came in and could be heard talking.

"Hello, sir, we are here to look for a young lady, but first, who let you to live in this house?" The guard asked, Eleanor got up and slowly went to look whose guard was it, as she looked slowly, she saw that it was the duke's guard, she greeted her teeth and went down showing herself.

"If the duke has something to show me, or tell me, tell him to come here, because I won't go back at the estate as the duke wishes." Eleanor said as she was walking straight at the guard making him uncomfortable as he took some steps back getting out.

"Now don't annoy me anymore, or things won't end good for you or any one of you." She said as she looked the guards outside. As she entered back, she saw Lin surprised.

"Don't worry about them, and actually I wanted to discuss something with you." Eleanor said as she went to kitchen to grab a glass of water. She sat down and Alfie came in the kitchen as well.

"I'm sure that you saw the gold with the silver in my mother's room." She said as she placed the glass on the table.

"So, I wanted to share it with you." She said but Lin didn't respond good. Lin got up and looked at her trembling.

"Miss, you have done enough for us already, you gave us your own house to stay." Eleanor just looked at him.

"I'm planning to send your children into an academy, and take Alfie on my academy as well, so I can use him for my own benefits, so with this I believe we are even." She said as she leaned back on her seat, Alfie beamed with happiness.

"But we are a burden miss." Lin said and Eleanor frowned. She didn't like this thing at all.

"Look mister, I'm taking your son for this, so you better accept it, because I'm already on a thin thread, I'm not asking, I'm commanding it." She said in an angry voice.

They both flinched, she didn't mean to scare them.

"Look, I'm not a good person that you think, okay? So, I just need Alfie to do his role." She started talking once more. Before they could talk the main door swung open, Eleanor got the knife and went forward. She saw James and she was annoyed.

"Lea, just listen to-" He started to talk but Eleanor cut him off.

"Get. The. Hell. Out. Off. My. House." She said as she was ready to tear him apart.

"Look, Lea I know it's my fault for doing that injustice to you, but please give me another chance." He said as she swung the knife in his arm.

"If you both hate me so much, why don't you go and tell the emperor that I tried killing his son." She said as she tried stabbing him once more without blinking.

"Lea, it's not like that please, just listen to me first." James wanted to explain something to her but she wouldn't let him.

"Just stop it, I don't want to hear about it." James had enough of her and grabbed her hands and pushed her on the wall, she winced from the pain on her ribs, as he kept her hands up her head, he was angry.

"Yes, we hated your family for so many reasons, especially your father, but you're not his child, so listen God damn it." Eleanor widened her eyes and couldn't hear anything else. She thought that there was no way her mother had an affair with someone else. She started trembling.

"Get out." That's all she could say for the moment, James let her go, she rubbed her wrists and turned to the stairs going up.

"Lea-"

"Just leave." She said in a trembly voice, she went upstairs, no one saw that she had tears in her eyes, the siblings were on the top of the stairs, she caressed their cheek and went to her mother's room, as she closed the door she turned and tears ran down her cheek. After some minutes she stopped crying, there was a knock on her door, she flinched.

"What?" She said as she was wiping her tears from her face.

"It's me, Ryan, are you okay?" The first thing he asked was if she was okay, she kept her other tears from rolling.

"What do you want?" She tried to maintain her voice.

"I was just worried about you, and I wanted to apologize." He said, she could her him sitting at the door.

"Leave." She said, but deep inside she needed to hear him, telling her it's going to be okay, that it's alright, she needed his hug.

"You know that I'm not leaving." He said as he laughed. "At least not until I see you, I was going crazy, I was afraid that I wouldn't find you, but I never thought that I would find you here." He said in a gentle voice. Eleanor's tears rolled down her cheek.

"Is it true that my mother had me with someone else?" She finally asked, she was in desperate for an answer. The duke was silent but after a while he began to speak.

"It seems that James talked. Yes, it's true that your mother had you with someone else, he was our best friend, we four were really close with each other, and then your mother fell in love with Noah, he was the best out of all of off us, we all went to the knight's academy, even your mother, when they both fell in love, they quit the academy, or better the army and had you, but then Ceasar, he killed your father in the emperor's order, your mother went in a desperate state." As he explained Eleanor started crying, she couldn't breathe much as she cried.

"So, I wanted to buy you, get you out of this hell, but it turns out I did worse. But your mother married Ceasar so she could find any clue, which she indeed did and led her to death, but this bloodshed won't end this easy, we need to destroy the emperor as we can." He said in a trembly voice, Eleanor opened the door and he got up looking worried.

Sorry for posting it so late!