Chapter 37

“Rather than him, it was a female, she had long shining silver hair, her eyes were all white she had golden freckles, she was light blue skinned.” She returned and looked at me like she was trying to remember, agh her beautiful eyes, I would give all my soul and my gold just so I could stare at them for hours. She makes me go so crazy.

“What’s wrong, moonlight?” She looked at me and tilted her head.

“No, it is nothing, but why do you keep calling me ‘moonlight’?” Hell, if she knew.

“I will tell you later on for that, but right now, you need to get going, so I can finish some of my undone business.” She smiled and went towards the door, she returned and then thanked me, why would she thank me, I was the one who hurt her the most.
After I finished the papers that were not done, I shut down the candle and wore my night armor. Went to the location where she had given me.

“It looks like you’re always behind me, right, Morva?” The shadow behind me popped up in front of me.

“Your safety is my priority, my lord.” I must admit, Morva has been with me since I was a little child, he helped me a lot, he was the one that helped me get out of that creepy abyss.

“Morva, I told you, you are my brother, no need to treat me like I’m above you.” I said as I stopped the horse and looked at him.

“You are, remember when your father saved me from lots of tortures, pain and even death. So, I must repay his kindness on his son.” I laughed, and Eleanor came from behind.

“Who is that?” Morva, that I never have seen him do this before, he started trembling.

“Morva? Are you okay?” He got on the ground and went near Eleanor’s horse.

“My queen, you, you are back for us?” I furrowed; did he call her ‘my queen’? I like that idea a lot.

“What do you mean by that?”

“My queen, you are the rightful one that everyone will trust and will empower the evil emperor.”

“Are you one of the Cliodhna’s people?” She said as she went on the ground facing Morva. The look on her face, that was what she was looking for?

“Yes, my queen, the first emperor had saved me from the slavery, so now I chose to obey the first-born prince, forgive me my queen, if only I had known.” The way she touched him, I did not like it, but I still did not interrupt her.

“No, no that’s alright, continue to do so, so you were the one that had me chasing me that night when I attacked him.” She said half laughing.

“Hold on, what is going on, moonlight, how do you know the Cliodhna people? And you, Morva, why are you calling her ‘my queen’?” I just had to ask.

“Well, she is the queen of Cliodhna, and she is the one that will be the right on the throne forever.”

“Basically, I’m a Cliodhna as well.”
Eleanor said as she smiled and looked at me, innocently.

“Now it all makes sense from the assassination to the goddess where I last have seen her, and to you Morva, you will go wherever she goes.” I said as I looked Eleanor straight in the eyes, God I wanted to devour here, why was she so cute.

“Why, you know well that I can protect myself.” I half smiled; she does not know it yet.

“Do not give me that darling, you know well that you need to learn the Cliodhna language. So, do not deny, moonlight.” I just wanted her to be safe, not really because of that.

“Yes of course master, I’ll make sure to protect and teach her our ancient language.”  Eleanor growled.
leaves her lips, it drives me crazy.

“Oh come on, you know damn well that I could get rid both of you in here, now drop the chatting we need to go before it’s too late, and you Alaric, you are an asshole for thinking that I need a bodyguard.” God, the way my name leaves her lips, it drives me crazy.

“Yes ma’am.” I said as I started to ride the horse, after some minutes we could hear some noises talking, they were near the fire and laughing, while kicking the ground, four of them were near the fire as two of them were near a tent standing by, then-

*Screams of men.*

Eleanor taking them out one by one, she did not even blink as she took them out, she was standing in front of the tent, as I walked closer to her, she was about to enter when I stopped her.

“What are you doing?” She asked as she broke free from my grip.

“I will be the one to enter, what if it is a trap?” She looked at me and hit me in the stomach.

“Fool, I can sense what’s in there, there is the lieutenant touching a small girl.”  I froze, did I hear wrong, or was she really saying that, Eleanor pushed past me and entered the tent.

“Morva!” I said in a rage voice, Morva had the ability to blind people temporary, everything had become black for the lieutenant.

Screams of a man, was all I heard tonight, but her rage, that was not a normal rage, she was out of herself, meanwhile Morva shivered in fear, for the first time, I stepped closer to Eleanor, she had tears, tears of anger, as well as tears of pain.

“I couldn’t save her.” She murmured. She fell on her knees before the dead kid, the body of the lieutenant was all shredded, like the wolves had eaten him, Eleanor was covered in blood, but she cried for the kid, not for herself.

“Moonlight, let us give her a beautiful place to bury her, in the middle of the flowers, all different kind of flowers, starting to the cheapest and ending to the most expensive one. Let us honor the little girl that could not live her dream, and give her a warm send-off to heaven.” She started crying while holding her closely to her chest.

It was not an ugly cry, it was a dangerous one, a quiet but dreadful one, she sent shivers and fear towards me and Morva.

“Sure, but not before killing him first.” She got up and approached the lieutenant and dragged him, he still screamed in pain.

She started to torture him in many unimaginable ways which I do not want to talk about.

Ryan taught her many things.

“Let’s go.” Was all Eleanor said.
“Morva, can you take the body and wait for us in the royal grave, please?” I said as I approached Eleanor and took her hand leading us to the lake.

“Can you stop. I am not in the mood to go anywhere right now.”

“Moonlight, I’m not asking, I’m taking you there right now.” I said as I kissed her cheek, she needed to wash up before we went back to the academy.
“Alright then, but we need to return to the academy, it’s almost morning.” I chuckled.

“You do not need to worry about that moonlight, I have that covered up. We only must go and look for something there that I need.” I tried to lie, but damn she was quick.

“After I wash up, we are heading to the academy right away.” She said as she started to go to the lake, right in the way.

“Sure, moonlight.” I walked right behind her and watched her take off her armor slowly, agh how she is driving me crazy.

“Let’s say Alaric, when I kill the emperor, will you eliminate me?” No, no darling I never would do that, but you would not understand why.

“We will see in the future.” She just hummed and jumped in the water, her body in the water. The water was glowing while she was washing her blood off, the way she kept touching her body, er long hair that was wet from the water, and the way she kept her body under the water, all of her were sending me butterflies, if I had known why I was obsessed with her I would cut that reason, because soon I might hurt her, but that reason is unknown even for me.

“Aren’t you going in too?” She asked as she looked over at me, her face, her eyes, her lips, the most beautiful girl I have ever seen, her wavy long hair, the way she looks at me, with these piercing eyes.

I'm so sorry for the last few weeks, I wasn't able to publish due to personal reasons, but from now on it will continue to be posted every Wednesday, much love to you all♡