Chapter 12

"My mother was a duchess?" She asked, while she had a million questions to ask.

"Yes, your mother was a duchess, but she married to your father because it was her first and true love, but then it turned out that your father was a psychopath, so he abused your mother's power, and took it all by himself." The duke said carefully, as he was not trying to hurt her any further.

"So that's why he had two houses and never came to ours." She said while she had her mind somewhere else.

"So, she isn't your daughter but then why do did you take her in, when you hate Ceasar?" James started raising his voice at the duke.

"James, shut up." The duke said while he turned to face him. Eleanor started trembling, a million thoughts were going inside her head, she couldn't hear them arguing anymore, she got up and started running outside, she was in pain but she didn't stop, as she opened the gate she ran straight the road, she started crying, she wasn't expecting that they knew her family, as soon as she started seeing the city closer in her vision she stopped, and headed straight to her place, her home, the house was half burned and half black from the smoke, she opened the door and went to the second floor.

She sat next to her mother's bed and started crying, she was hurt physically but emotionally as well. She didn't know that the duke hated her family, as she started to calm down, she heard the door opening, she rose to her feet and searched for anything that was to protect herself. But then she let her guard down, as she remembered that the duke hated her, she thought what if he was using her? Why would he do that? As she sat down again, lost in her thoughts, someone was going up the direction she was in.

There was a boy that got inside, he stopped when he saw Eleanor standing there, he was confused but decided to ask.

"Excuse me? Are you the owner of this house?" He asked but Eleanor was lost in thoughts. He decided to go close to her, but Eleanor got defensive when he saw that he got closer to her.

"S-sorry, I just asked are you the owner of this house." The boy asked again. Eleanor had red eyes from crying, he looked concerned when she looked at him.

"Oh, yeah this is my home." She said as she wiped her tears, and stood up, blood was dripping from her ribs, the wound had reopened. The boy widened his eyes.

"Miss, I don't know you but you need a doctor right away." The boy said as he raised his hand midair and slowly approaching her, she looked down and sighed.

"I'm fine don't worry, it happened once, so now I'm okay." Eleanor said as she sat down and took off her shirt, revealing her chest and her soft abs on her body, the boy just stared with his jaw opened.

"C-can I bring you anything?" The boy asked as he looked at her movements, she took out her bandages that were wrapped around her.

"Can you go and bring some alcohol; I believe that you are old enough to buy it right?" She asked as she gave him some money.

"Y-yes, I'll be right back, just hang on." He said before leaving, Eleanor got up and started to look for needles to stitch the wound, as she looked through the things, she finally found one, she sighed and took it, she found the thread as well, as she was about to stitch herself the boy came running.

"I-it's me, don't worry I got the alcohol, what are you doing?" He stopped as he saw Eleanor that she had a needle on her hand ready to stitch herself.

"You got here faster than I thought." She said as she looked down starting to stitch herself, she winced in pain, the boy got closer to her.

"Please, let me do it, so please take the alcohol and drink it, so I can stitch you without a worry." Said the boy as he passes the bottle to Eleanor and took the needle in his hand and waited for her to drink it. She tugged down half of the bottle; the boy was surprised but then continued to stitch her up.

As he was done, Eleanor poured the half of the alcohol on her wound, she grabbed her leg tightly from the pain and groaned.

"W-why would you do that?" The boy asked as he looked her right in her eyes.

"Go back now, you've done enough." Eleanor said as she got up and fixed her shirt.

"What happened?" He asked as he followed her.

"Just go home, this is none of your business." Eleanor said with a cold answer.

"You're not like other people, right? You're not wearing a dress." He asked and Eleanor turned towards him pushing towards the wall and grabbing him by the collar.

"If you don't have a death wish, leave as quickly as possible. This is my last warning!" She said as she let go of him and goes down.

"At least tell me your name?" He said and Eleanor had enough, she turned and hit him on the stomach, he curled from the pain and Eleanor continued what she was doing.

"Fine, but I have a last question. Can I bring my family here? We don't have any where were we can stay, so can I ask you for help?" He asked as he stopped in front of her.

"How many members are there?" Eleanor asked him without even looking at him as she wrapped her hands with something.

"Only four members, me, my father and two younger siblings, a sister and a brother." He said as he was looking at what she was doing.  She looked at him, he had blue eyes, with ginger hair, and he was quite tall, and a sharp jawline, he had freckles.

"How old?" She asked without any facial expression. He beamed with a smile.

"My father is 53, I'm 20, my younger sister is 15, and my younger brother is 13, my younger is from another women." He said as he was smiling.

"Oh, you're older than me, what a surprise, okay fine, my name is Lea Normandy." She said as she looked him in the eyes, he gasped.

"What is a special young duchess doing here." Eleanor rotated her eyes.

"Go and get your family and don't get in my nerves, so get on your way and bring them here."  She said in command tone, he nodded and went out.

Eleanor started looking through the floors, she didn't stop until she found a military medal, she took it and slowly put it in a glass, it was black from the fire, but you could tell that it was a gold military medal, she took it and went to the kitchen, luckily the kitchen was just fine, it wasn't touched by the fire that much, only the enter.

She started cleaning the medal and it was shown that it was from the other empire, only one had that military medal, and that was general Math. Her thoughts had stopped when the boy got inside with his family, she put the medal in her pocket, they stopped when they saw Eleanor.

"Father, this is the owner of the house, she is letting us stay in her house." The boy said as he started smiling.

"Her name is Lea-" Eleanor covered his mouth, and started smiling.

"My name is Eleanor Wright, sir." They boy widened his eyes, Eleanor frowned at him and he understood to not tell them her real name.

"Young lady, are you sure you are accepting us to stay in this house? We do not have money for the moment-" Eleanor stopped him from talking further.

"Sir, this is my house and was my mother's house, it's a bit burned but you still can take shelter here, I won't ask for money or anything, just keep the house nice and clean, as well as warm." Eleanor said as she got closer to the man. The man started to cry, she held him by his shoulders and he hugged her making Eleanor wince from the pain, the old man looked at her and saw the blood on her shirt, he widened his eyes.

"Young miss are you okay?" Eleanor nodded his head, as she sat down on the floor.

"Yeah, I'm okay don't worry. You go and bring the bottle of alcohol here." Eleanor said as he pointed to the boy. The boy ran up and get back with the bottle of alcohol in his hands and handed it to her, she opened it and drank it all.

"If you can slowly repair the house, do as you wish." Eleanor said as she laid in the floor.

"If anyone come here looking for me, tell them I'm not here, or that you don't know me at all." She said at the boy, as she was fast asleep. The family just stood there confused.