Chapter 24

"Well, that's not what really had happened, your mother was a princess, well her mother was a princess, but it makes her a princess too, he had killed the previous emperor, raped the women and killed them, and made me do his dirty work, cleaning the corpses, but I only could save your mother's mother, and like that I got my son and your mom train under me, I didn't want them together, because I was afraid to get them together, because eventually they would find her and kill my son for treason." Eleanor widened her eyes in shock, she gritted her teeth in anger.

"What happened then?" She asked, she was hungry to know more about the past.

"After Ceasar and your mother had been married, he found out somehow, but he started to work with the emperor, and he sent his men to kill her, together with you, then his men screwed up the plan, and now you are still alive." Eleanor gritted her teeth until a crack could be hurt from her knuckles as she hit the wall.

"Okay, thank you for telling me, now for the other question." She said as she took the pendant out.

"Do you know this kind of pendant?" Louis widened his eyes and approached her; he took a closer look at the pendant.

"Of course, I know this pendant, this pendant is like a key for the palace, so with it you can enter every time you want, or need." He said as he looked at her eyes. "Where did you get it?" He asked, Eleanor just bobbed her head.

"Someone I know gave it to me, so with this I can enter the palace without any trouble?" Eleanor asked as she looked at it and hide it under her shirt.

"Yes, you even have access into something other don't have." Said Louis as he sat down and sighed.

"Thank you, grandfather." She said it for the first time, Louis started crying from happiness. He tried to wipe his tears when Eleanor hugged him.

"Please, please be safe, I know you want revenge, but please look out." He said as he hugged her tighter.

"Don't worry grandfather, you know that now I have a bigger reason to get revenge for." Eleanor said as she smiled at him, Louis was confused.

"What's the reason?" He asked as he was curious to know the answer.

"My bloodline. I will take revenge for what he did." They both smiled and then Eleanor went to the door.
"I will be here soon grandfather, so goodbye for now, we will see each other soon again." She said and opened the door.

"Goodbye, my beautiful granddaughter." He said as he crossed his legs and watched her hopping on the horse and rode it. He was proud of all of them.

Eleanor reached them, and she went past them with the horse, and she arrived at the main road, she gave water to the horse and waited for them.

"Lea, let this be the last time that you go off without taking the permission from me." The duke said as he had a concerned voice. Eleanor just laughed.

"Come on father, or else we will be late." She said, but the duke looked like he knew something was wrong, so he gets closer to her.

"What's wrong?" He said as they both kept riding the horses fast.

"Nothing really, I just need to go there and look for something that we left." The duke frowned; after some time of riding the horse, he remembered.

"You mean the box, right?" He asked to be sure, Eleanor looked at him and sighed.

"Yes, and I think we might have a problem, but the problem doesn't concern you, it concerns me."

Eleanor said as she looked behind and saw the four of them reaching them up.

"Why are you going so fast for?" Tatiana shouted as her horse had become very tired. "Stop and let the horses rest for a bit, tomorrow we will reach the town either way." She said as she held her horse. Eleanor bobbed her head.

"Alright, we will rest here, me and Alfie will go and hunt for the food." Eleanor said as she jumped on the ground and tied her horse on a tree. Alfie followed her and started to collect small woods, Eleanor just looked at him and took out her knifes.

"Don't move." She said to Alfie, he stayed still until Eleanor threw her little knifes in the forest.

Something squeaked from the hidden leaf. Eleanor came closer to see what it was, when she came closer and closer, she saw that it was a buffalo, she made it quick for it, killed it and took it to the others, the duke had started the fire, all of them were sitting next to the fire, talking and laughing. Eleanor gave Alfie the buffalo and she get somewhere quiet. Alfie went to them and gave the buffalo to Tatiana, as she took it, the duke looked around.

"Where is Lea?" Alfie froze and turned towards the duke.

"She went to enjoy the breeze for a bit, she will return shortly." The duke sighed as Alfie started to be sweaty.

"She didn't tell you that, did she?" The duke asked as he got up.

"No, she just handed me the buffalo and walked off without saying anything." Alfie said, the duke sighed and went towards the forest where Eleanor went first. The duke found her sitting on the grass, as she had her little knifes beside her and sharpening them, as the duke was about to go to her, he saw someone with the mask approaching her.

"You're still here?" Eleanor asked, the duke was confused, and yet he was curious, as how they knew each other.

"Yeah, I forgot to ask you something, if you are the duke's daughter how did you lost the way back then, it's stuck in my head." Eleanor started laughing, she had a very long time she didn't laugh like this.

"I didn't lose my way, I just wanted to stay a bit longer and talk more, but it looked like your friends were very busy, so yeah." Eleanor said as she looked up at him.

"So, you knew that they had been following me?" Eleanor smiled, and removed her knives from her lap.

"Even right now, they are up on the tree looking at me, even someone of mine is doing that, but I couldn't feel your presence at all." Eleanor said as she shrugged.

"Do I need to feel honored?" The masked man asked, Eleanor smiled the question off and approached him, and took out the pendant.

"Where did you get this?" She asked as she had a serious look on her.

"Well, that's not important right now, so keep it for now, and return it when we will see each other again." Eleanor sighed.

"You know something, don't you?" She asked as she grabbed him by the collar, the smell of his hit Eleanor's nose, she froze, it was a woodsy vanilla, it was spicy yet a sweet fragrance, it was strong yet not so strong, it left a good impression on Eleanor.

"I don't know what you're talking about." She let him go, and looked straight at him.

"If you're lying, you're a dead man." Was all she said before turning around. The masked man grabbed her hand and then he let it go.

"Fine, I'll believe you this once, but the next time, I won't let you off without a fight." She said smiling at him. He started to walk the way he came from and froze when he heard Eleanor shouted.

"Hey! Catch this." She said as she threw a hairpin, that it defined who's it was.

Thank you, to the person that is reading every single chapter:)