Chapter 44

“No, I forbid that, you are injured and yet you want to fight? No, Morva, take him inside.” I saw him frown, he was coming closer to me.

“I want revenge too, it’s not just you, they killed my daughter and my only wife, so I’m not staying here just because I know you will kill that asshole, but I want to release some damn steam too.” Sure, but he isn’t going to get killed, not under my watch.

“Fine, but Morva is coming with you, and I don’t care, you will take him with you.” As I looked around, everyone was ready.

It was a long road indeed, but that wouldn’t stop me from going.
As soon as we arrived at the grand hall of the emperor’s palace it shimmered with opulence. Intricate tapestries adorned the walls, and the scent of incense hung in the air. I strode into the hall with purpose, my eyes were on the emperor, who sat upon his ornate throne, surrounded by his entourage of guards and advisors.

I approached slowly, and a hushed tension settled over the hall, Maximus, the emperor, a shrewd and formidable ruler, sensed the brewing storm and narrowed his eyes, assessing the threat before him.

“You dare to challenge my reign, Eleanor?” Maximus sneered, his voice dripping with arrogance.

My voice ran out, filled with determination. “Your ruler has brought only suffering and oppression. It ends today.”

I touched the ring, and the clash of steel resounded through the grand hall, the others behind me did so as well. Guards moved to intercept, but the others engaged them in a whirlwind of combat, their swords flashing and clashing in a symphony of defiance.
I locked my eyes with Maximus in a deadly dance, our swords met in a flurry of sparks. Our eyes were locked, our will entwined in a battle of leaders.
My movements were swift and calculated. I anticipated Maximus’ strikes, countering with agility and precision.

With every parry and thrust, I chipped away at the emperor’s defenses, exploiting his vulnerabilities. Maximus, a seasoned warrior, fought back with equal ferocity. His strikes were powerful and precise, aimed at crushing my rebellion. But I was relentless, her resolve unyielding, as I sought to bring an end to his tyrannical reign. In a moment of brilliance, I saw an opening- a split-second opportunity. I seized it, my blade finding its mark. Maximus let out a gasp of surprise and pain as he stumbled backward, disarmed and defenseless. As the chaos raged around us, the others fought valiantly to ensure me time to defeat him.

As we were engaged in our fierce duel, the grand hall had become a theater of clashing steel and swirling emotions. The eyes of the onlookers were fixed upon the unfolding spectacle, their collective breaths held in anticipation.

In a swift and calculated maneuver, I sidestepped his attack and delivered a powerful strike, my blade finding the precise spot to wound him. Time seemed to stand still as Maximus let out a gasp of shock, his eyes widening in disbelief. A moment of silence hung heavy in the air, broken only by the echoing clatter of his fallen sword. The collective gasps of the advisors reverberated through the hall, a mixture of awe, fear, and exhilaration.

The weight of my triumph settled upon me, mingling with the lingering scent of battle.
As the realization of Maximus’ defeat rippled through the crowd, a surge of energy coursed through my veins. I stood tall and resolute, my gaze swept across the onlookers, who watched in awe and admiration.

He stood up, and I watched him struggle to do so, he dragged his body to crawl in front of me, but what I didn’t expect was that he kept his powers hidden, he blew me off the door as I stood on my two feet. He came running towards me, his sword hanging low at his feet, I got in position to hold him back.

“It seems that you have lost your mind women, I’m not the only one that killed your kind, I indeed anticipated, but I wasn’t the one to finish them all, I was the one that killed your mother, she had a beautiful body, that’s true, it is rumored that you look like her, and I can see that’s exactly true, your figure is amazing, so why not become my concubine and I will forgive you.” I straightened my posture and looked at him, I moved closer to him, and I was angry, that’s why my hair had changed to silver white.