Chapter 24

When I wake up the sun is shining through my curtains, the birds outside are chirping, and there's a very angry looking Edward standing in front of me. A frown forms on my face and I sit up.

"How'd you get in here?" I ask and look towards my door.

"The real question is why are you hanging out with your ex-boyfriend?" He asks.

"We just talked and ate food." I grunt and sit up. He stares at me with a mixture of emotions swirling in his emerald eyes. Hurt, anger, guilt and betrayal.

"I thought you wanted us to work-"

"And i thought you believed me when I said I wanted to be with you." I interrupt with a pointed look.

"You can love two people at the same time." He replies stiffly.

"Edward... I want to be with you. But Jacob has been my friend since little. Yesterday when we were talking, I realized just how much I missed him. I can't let that friendship go. And you have to trust me." I say softly.

"I do trust you. It's him I don't trust." He replies.

"Well you're going to have to. You're both part of my life, and your going to have to get along." I say and go into my closet.

"Bella you have to see where I'm coming from. This whole thing between us is made up from a contract." he calls.

"We agreed to forget about the contract. We agreed to that when we had our first kiss!" I remind as I change into a pair of skinny jeans.

"That doesn't change the fact that there is a contract." he exclaims. I put a sweater in then slip my feet into vans.

"You've known him your whole life. He knows you so much better than I do-"
"That's not true." I interrupt and go back to the room. My hair quickly gets thrown into a ponytail and I swipe some mascara on.

"Yes it is true. He knows everything about you. And I'm not to sure that I do." he replies.

"Edward... when I tell you this, I mean it. I want us to work out, okay? But I want to keep my best friend-"
"Your best friend is in love with you." he growls.

"But I don't feel the same!" I angrily yell. He sighs and puts his hand on the back of his neck.

"How do I know that?"
"What?"
"How do I know you don't have feelings for him?!"

"Where is this coming from?! Just the other day you were fine with him being here. You said if I wanted to be with him I could and you'd cancel the agreement! I chose you, so why the hell are you actin like this?" I ask hoarsely.

"Because I'm in love with you damn it!" He explodes. My eyes widen into the size of saucers and I stare at him in shock.

"What?" I whisper quietly.

"I said I'm in love with you. I'm in love with everything about you, the way you pick at your nail polish when you're nervous. The way you crinkle your nose when you're trying to concentrate on something. I love the way you babble when you're nervous, or when you talk out loud when you're trying to think. After I said those words, I realized that I was wrong. I do not want to lose you to Jacob Black... I refuse to because I'm in love with every little piece of you and I will say that a hundred times if you want me to." He elaborates in a softer tone. I stare at him in shock and I feel my eyes begin to water.

"Oh god, did I make you cry. I'm sorry I yelled, I just-"
"It's not that." I sob and wrap my arms around him. He does the same and rubs my back.

"What's wrong?" He asks worriedly.
"I love you too." I exclaim and he pulls away with a small frown.

"Why are you crying then?" He asks slowly.

"Im crying because I'm happy." I whisper and he pulls me back into the hug.

"Well I'm happy too." he agrees and rests his chin against the top of my head. I don't know how long we stand there wrapped in each others arms, but not even the constant knock on in my door could stop us. Not even our phones ringing, or Emmett yelling that we're going to be late. Because at that moment, the only thing that mattered was that he loves me and I loved him. Nothing could come between that.