Chapter 48

"White."
"Pearl."
"White."
"Pearl."

"Enough!" Edward exclaims. I huff and sit back in my chair.

"Alice, there aren't different shades of white." I state through clenched teeth.

"Yes there is. There's eggshell, pearl-"
"Alice." Edward says with warning in his tone. She huffs and hands me a pamphlet.

"Figure out what white you want. I'm ordering the dresses to come here this Saturday. Carlisle won't let us go to London to shop for them." she states and i look at the small packet in my hand.

"Wait, more than one dress?" I ask in shock.

"Yes, they're also sending us a dress for Edwards ceremony. Carlisle plans to hand the throne to him in a weeks time. We need to get you fitted for your dress." she replies with a pointed look.

"Okay... That one." I say and point to the small square of material. Edward sighs in relief and I roll my eyes.

"Now, on to the wedding details. These are the invitation samples I had made. Tell me what you like and don't like about them." she says and hands me and Edward three cards.

One had lace on the front with a small ribbon. Our names and the date of the event is written in fancy hand writing on the front. Behind the white lace, the card is light purple.

"I like this." I say with a nod. Edward opens the card and I jump when confetti explodes in our faces.

"Really Alice?" Edward huffs and sets the card down. We look at the next one and he smiles.

"Alice, you spelt Marie wrong." Edward chuckles. Her neck heats up with embarrassment and I slap his chest.

"I can fix that. Just tell me which design." she huffs.

"I like the purple one. With no confetti though." I say and look up at Edward.

"I liked that one too." he agrees and smiles down at me. He lightly pecks my lips, then hands the card to Alice.

"I'll have a thousand of these made by tomorrow." she states and my eyes widen into saucers.

"A thousand?" I echo in shock.

"Yea, this is a royal wedding, we need to make enough invitations for everybody." she replies with furrowed eyebrows.

"Who's coming?" I curiously ask.
"Over a hundred people have already called and asked for the date. Those are just the people that know about you guys so far." Alice replies with an excited smile. My stomach twists and I force a smile on to my lips.

I don't want the Cullen's thinking that I'm ungrateful. I really, really, appreciate the things they've done for me. But i don't want a wedding with thousands of people. My dream wedding has always been with a minimum amount of people. Only the people that my groom and I are close to.

Edward kisses my forehead and looks at Alice.

"We'll need to talk about that. That's way too many people." Edward states for my wellbeing. His fingers trace my hand and I snuggle closer to his side.

"That's not too many people! I already took half of the people off of the list!" Alice exclaims in protest.

"Alice this is our wedding. You don't get to decide." Edward reminds her with a pointed look. She sighs and looks back at the binder on the table.

"I'll have the invitations made, but you guys get to decide how many are sent." She bargains.

"Deal." Edward replies and stands up. He wraps me in his arms and begins walking.

"Well see you later, to discuss the rest. I hear Bella's stomach rumbling from here." Edward jokes and carries me to the kitchen. He sets me on the counter and hands me a tub of ice cream. I quickly thank him and start eating.

"When are we going to tell everybody? It's getting pretty obvious that I'm pregnant." I quietly state.

"I don't know. Laurent hasn't been found. I don't want to put you and the baby at risk." He replies with a frown.

"If we make sure it's only your family that knows-"
"Bells, It's your choice. I'm not going to force you to do anything you don't want to." He interrupts.

"It's your baby too. So it's not only my choice." I reply with a glare.

"I know... I know. But I want you to decide." He repeats.

"What if we only tell Carlisle and Esme. They are the grandparents after all. And the queen and King." I say.

"Okay, you're right. Well do it first thing tomorrow. Right now they're in a big meeting with one of our allies." He replied and i slowly nod.

"We have to get to work. There's a lot we need to do and we need to talk about a lot of things. I mean, are we getting married while I'm pregnant or after we have the baby. When is your ceremony to become king. When do we start looking for baby supplies. What are we naming the baby, are we going to learn the gender or be a surprise-"

"Bella, shh, calm down. Stress isn't good for you. Well figure everything out as we go along. I promise. But for now, let's focus on us." He murmurs and presses a kiss to my cheek.

"Okay." I whisper.