Chapter 26

My eyes land on a huge lake and I smile. The moon is shining off of the water, making it have a fairytale look to it.

"It's beautiful." I whisper in shock.

"I found it a few months back... I haven't been here in a while. But I thought it'd be a nice place for our second date." he replies and leads me to the damp sand. He spreads a large blanket out, then sets the basket down. I take the seat next to him and he opens the basket.

"I got your favorite." he states and hands me a bowl of pasta. He hands me a roll and I smile.

"Thank you... This was very thoughtful." I state quietly.

"It's not a problem." He promises and gently presses our lips together. I smile and slowly kiss him back.

"So, I've been thinking." he states.
"About what?" I question curiously.
"Our future." he admits.
"Oh?" I whisper, urging him to continue.

"We agreed for this relationship to be as normal as possible. No contract." he adds. My eyebrows furrow and I look into his eyes.

"Where's this going?" I ask cautiously. He rolls into his knees and puts one on the ground so he's kneeling in front of me.

"Bella swan, I know I haven't known you for very long. But in the little time that I have, you have changed my lifestyle, my attitude, my outlook on the world. You've changed me for the better. You know me better than anyone else in this world. And I would pay anything to keep you by my side for the rest of eternity... So, Bella Swan, will you marry me?" He asks. A small gasp leaves my mouth and my heart begins to beat faster.

"Edward I... Of course. Oh my god, of course." I stutter. I quickly put the pasta back in the basket then throw my arms around his neck. He holds me against him, then pulls away and takes my hand in his. I look at the box in his hand and he smiles.

"This was my grandmothers." he states and slips a ring on to my finger. Even in the dark, I can see the shining diamonds.

"Edward... This i-is amazing. I love you." I stutter. My eyes fill with tears and he wipes them away.

"I'm glad you said yes. I love you too." he murmurs.
"I would never say no." I reply with a smile. He chuckles and holds my face between his palms. His lips softly press against mine and I wrap my arms around his neck.

"I can't imagine being with anyone else." I quietly add. His lips desperately move against mine and I smile against his lips. I breathlessly pull away and he moves his lips to my neck.

"Edward." I hoarsely whisper. He pulls away to look me in the eyes and I shake my head.
"Im waiting until marriage." I state and he sighs in protest.

"We're getting married-"
"No, don't use that against me. I made a promise to myself a long time ago... I made a promise to my dad a long time ago." I interrupt. He stares at me for a few seconds then nods.

"Okay, you're right. I'm sorry." he agrees and pulls me so I'm sitting with my back to his chest. He rubs circles in my palm and I close my eyes.
__________
I wake up to the sounds of birds chirping. It feels like there's a fan on me and I shiver into Edwards side. His arms wrap around me and I frown as I open my eyes.

"Edward?" I sleepily ask. His eyes flutter open and he sits up.

"We fell asleep here." I mumble.
"We need to get back." he sighs and I help him gather our things. I finally get a look at my ring and a small gasp leaves my mouth.

"Edward t-this is.... oh my god." I incoherently stutter. He chuckles and pulls me into a hug.

"The best for you bells." he teases. I peck his cheek then pull away.

"Can you hold on to it? I don't want to loose it. I love it, truly. But I don't think we should let your sister know about this yet. Once we go back to the castle for break, okay?" I ask unsurely.

"Of course." he smiles and I gently place it in his hand. He places it in the box them sticks it in his back pocket and picks up the picnic basket.

"Let's go." he murmurs and wraps his arm around me as he leads me out of the woods, out of paradise.