Nightmares

*Edwards POV*
I wake up with a jolt. A shrill scream echoes through the hallway and I pick it up as Bella's. my feet work on there own and I sprint to her room. Through the darkness I see her rolled into a ball and rocking back and forth on her bed.

"Bella what's wrong? Are you okay?" I ask and her head snaps up. Her blotchy red eyes catch my attention and I quickly go to her side.

I pull her into a hug and stay silent knowing that's what she wants. Her fragile arms try to push me away but I refuse. After a few minutes she gives up and wraps her arms around my chest.

"Want to talk?" I ask when her sobs slow down.
"I had a nightmare." she whispers.
"I picked up on that. What was it about?" I ask and sit down. I pull her into my lap and she closes her eyes. Like she's in pain or something.

"My dad." she says just above a whisper. I sigh and absentmindedly kiss her forehead. She freezes and so do i.

"He's in a better place." I say trying to break the silence. Thankfully she lets it go and snuggles into my chest.

"Are you okay? Do you want water?" I ask.
"I'm fine." she says in a tired whisper. I lift her off my lap and set her back in the bed. I wrap a quilt around her and she grabs at my hand.

"Don't leave." she says desperately.
"You want me to stay?" I ask curiously.
"Please. I don't want to stay alone." she begs. I nod in reply and lay down next to her. The least I can do is wait until she falls asleep. It is partially my fault that she's here.

I get under the covers and she lays her head on my chest. "Thank you." She whispers followed by small snores. I smile at her cute snores and fall asleep just like this.
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
*Bellas POV*
I snuggle closer to my pillow and keep my tired eyes shut.
'Why is my pillow so warm? and smooth?' my brain asks and my eyes fly open at the thought. My face is snuggled into Edward chest and his arms are protectively wrapped around me.

"Go back to sleep." he mumbles and pulls me closer.
"Edward this isn't right." I say and try to sit up. He pulls me back down and nuzzles his face into my neck.
"Edward." I say softly. He opens his eyes and stares at me.

"I know you have feelings for me too. Even if they're small, they're there." He says and stares into my eyes as if he's searching for something.

I stay quiet knowing what he's saying is true. His arms loop around my waist and he pulls me closer to him. His lips are inches away from me and my heart speeds up. I feel him staring at me still but can't take my eyes off of his lips.

At that very moment my bedroom door squeaks open. We quickly pull away from each other and I sit up with a blush, trying not to meet anyone's eyes.

"Edward I didn't know you slept here last night. I came to get Bella for the dress fittings." Esme says sweetly. Her eyes wander to Edward and her eyebrows raise slightly.

"I had a nightmare last night. I didn't want to be alone." I say and stand up.

"I have a meeting in an hour. So I'll see you later?" he asks and catches my hand.

"Yea." I say avoiding his eyes. I go to my closet and quickly change into a simple fitted tank top and shorts.

I go back to my room and Esme smiles at me with a knowing look in her eyes. Lucky for me she doesn't ask any questions.

"Come on dear. I had the chef prepare a meal for you." she says and ushers me to the kitchen.
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
*four hours later, Bella's pov*

When I finish getting fitted for dresses I go to the kitchen. I tiredly sit on the stool and look at the chef.
"Do you mind handing me the tub of ice cream?" I ask.

"Yes ma'am." he says and goes to the freezer. He comes back and hands me the tub and a spoon.
"Don't eat that." Edward says from behind me making me jump.

"I'm hungry." I state and start to open it. He snatches it from my hands and puts it away.

"I have dinner set up outside in the gardens. Ice cream is not the proper meal." he says. I raise my eyebrows and he grabs my hand.

"Come on." he teases and pulls me along.