Chapter 34

*Two Months Later*

Schools ends and I slowly make my way to my locker. People are crowded around my locker and I frown in confusion. I push my way through and when people see me they immediately carve a path for me. I get to my locker and my eyes widen when I see a newspaper article stuck to my locker.

'Future king of Alicante dates small town girl.' Is the bold headline. My heart beat picks up and I see a picture of me and Edward. Then something else catches my eyes.

'Is our future king cheating on Isabella Swan?' I rip the article off of my locker and scan it. When I turn it around I see a picture of Edward and a girl. She has blonde hair and blue eyes. Their hands are linked together and it looks like they're trying to rush away from the paparazzi.

"Oh my god." I whisper in shock. Silence takes over the hallway and I drop my books to the floor. My legs work overtime and I take off running to the parking lot.

"Bella!" Jake calls after me. A strangled sob escapes my mouth and I unlock my car. I climb inside and lock the doors before taking off. The article crumpled in my hand and toss it to the floor of my car.

Then I go to the only place I can think of, the beach. There's a cliff right above the water, it use to calm me down. My phone rings from my bag and I leave it. My chest starts to feel like it's closing in and I quickly park my car. I throw my door open and climb out. I sit with my legs over the edge and let my panic attack take over. My chest tightens and strangled sobs escape my mouth. Usually I try to control my panic attacks. But this one is too much, I can't even get a little air into my lungs.
________________
"Is she going to be alright?" A voice asks.
"When she wakes up she might have a headache from the lack of oxygen. Her chest will hurt. But other than that she'll be fine." an unfamiliar voice replies. I try to open my eyes but they stay glued shut. Someone takes my hand in there's and I frown.

"Cmon bells. Wake up." someone urges. I try to respond but can't. It feels like weights are sitting in top of my eyelids. My mouth is dry and I can't move any muscle in my body. Panic rises in my chest and I try with all my might to move any of my limbs. An annoying beeping sounds off and someone cups my cheek.

"Bella calm down. Its okay. I know you can hear me. I'm right here." the voice says in panic.

"We have to sedate her. We don't want her to cause any more damage." I voice says from in front of me.
"Okay." someone agrees. The hand disappears from mine and I feel something fumbling on my wrist. Soon sleep takes over an everything goes black.
________________
"This is your fault!" Someone whisper yells.
"I didn't know she would see the article! It was for publicity! I didn't want to do, I was forced too!" Edwards familiar voice yells.

"She nearly died! You should have informed her before those articles were printed!" Someone argues.
"I didn't think they were being printed in the U.S.." Edward growls. My eyebrows furrow in confusion and I slowly open my eyes.

"If I wasn't there she would be dead right now. Maybe you aren't the best person for her to be with." Jacob argues.

"I know that... I just... I can't let her go. I love her and I'm too selfish to leave her. You don't think that I've thought of that... Just leaving her, cutting off all contact. These two months have been torture. For me and for her. Sometimes I wonder if I should let you take care of her." Edward grumbles. Obviously, neither of them notice that I'm awake.

"She loves me." Jacob states.
"I know that... But she loves me too." Edward replies.
"You're not good for her. Shes in this hospital bed because of you." jake huffs. Edward stays silent and I tiredly turn my head to the side.

"Bella?" Jake asks and leans over me. He gently grips my cheeks between his hand and stares at me with worry.

"Are you okay? Does anything hurt?" He rushes out.
"What happened?" I croak and rapidly blink so my eyes focus on his.

"You don't remember?" He frowns.
"I had a panic attack?" I wonder out loud.
"That's part of it... You were at the cliff. My guess is that you had your legs over the edge again. You had a panic attack and passed out because you didn't have enough oxygen flowing to your brain. You fell into the water... I found you half dead in the water and I rushed you here." he replies worriedly. My eyebrows stay furrowed and slowly I gain my memories back.

The article.