Chapter 24: A Practitioner Who Could Not Fly

Hence, Zhu Yao, who had accumulated impurities for thirty-three years, squatted in the toilet for an entire day. Even if she possessed the cultivation level of a Foundation Paragon, she could barely stand still after the entire thing. When she returned to the courtyard while leaning against the wall, the moon was already glowing, the stars were already shining bright in the sky, and her master had long disappeared.

Zhu Yao mustered the last bit of strength she had in her, and headed to the pond at the peak of the mountain to bathe, before crawling back to her own room. This Body Purification Technique almost killed her.

From tomorrow onwards, she would refrain from eating. That was Zhu Yao’s firm decision when she got back to her own room.

She slowly closed her eyes. Oh right, I seemed to have forgotten something today? Ah, whatever, let’s sleep for now.

If there was one achievement Zhu Yao made in the last five years, it was that she had memorized all the mystic arts under the Azoth Core stage that she could train in. As someone who had experienced an examination-oriented education, and had crossed over that difficult path, memorizing them was simply too easy. And, master had often explained to her the principles of these arts, so she had accumulated five years of basic theoretical knowledge.

And with her current cultivation level, when she tried to apply them practically, she was evidently able to use them easily. She basically managed to learn how to control them after a few dozens of tries. Occasionally, when there were a few difficult ones, her master would advise her at the side, and she would be able to comprehend them after that. Hence, in the next three months, Zhu Yao had been desperately learning the Arts she had fallen behind on.

However, there was one art that she could never conquer, and that was the Flying Sword Art.

Looking at his disciple who had once again fallen from not even a height of four meters from the ground, Yu Yan heaved a long sigh.

Zhu Yao felt like crying. Crawling up, she picked up the long sword which had fallen beside her, and showed a face of defeat. No matter how strong a deity practitioner she was, she could not conquer her fear of heights!

That’s right. Zhu Yao was afraid of heights. Just by being a little high up, her legs would turn jelly, let alone standing on such a thin sword, and flying around on it. It’s really scary, alright!?

“Master, can I not use a sword?” As a deity practitioner, it was indeed embarrassing not being able to fly. However, her fear of heights was something she could not deny. “I’m really afraid of heights, just by standing on the sword, my legs will turn jelly. Switching it with a broader weapon is fine as well.” At the very least, she would feel safer.

Yu Yan looked at her, and began to seriously ponder about this problem. Actually, in Ancient Hill Sect, there were indeed many different types of weapon users, and the weapons they used to fly varied as well. However, swords made up the majority, as, swords had the strongest attacking power out of all weapons. And, Ancient Hill Sect was famed for its sword techniques as well. Yu Yan himself, practiced in the ways of the sword.

“What kind of weapon do you want to use?”

“My requirements aren’t high. As long as it’s a little broader, convenient to use, and can be used to attack and defend. It’s best if it’s easily retractable too.”

Those aren’t high requirements, you say? Yu Yan heaved a sigh, and deeply pondered for a moment. “I will think of something regarding your weapon. In the next few days, practice more on the rest of your arts. In a month’s time, you will be following me to participate in the Inter-Sect Tournament.”