Chapter 29: He Isn't Even Willing To Give Me A Hundred Dollars

Even more glares filled with condemnation, like daggers, were thrown at her body, as though they were trying to rip her skin apart. Zhu Yao felt like crying. Don’t be like that. What happened to ‘friendship first, competition second’? She really did not intervene in the match on purpose.

Just when she was about to swallowed whole by the surrounding glares, a figure flashed right in front of her. A white figure had appeared before her. A terrifying pressure was spread in all four directions, and like a silent threat, everyone instantly kept their unsatisfied glares.

“Master!” It was her master, the master who saves her from all bitterness and difficulties.

Yu Yan’s face was cold as always, and he lightly glanced at her. “It’s getting dark.”

His sleeves fluttered as he waved his hand, and without even explaining, he carried his disciple and flew back to the Jade Forest Peak, leaving an audience who did not even have time to react.

Zi Mo silently looked towards the direction the two people disappeared to, cold sweat dripping down his head. Ancestral-martial uncle, you openly protected your disciple for personal reasons, and then, you left me to handle this mess. Are you really a man?

Heaving a deep sigh, Zi Mo regained his senses. He was a Sect Master who specialized in cleaning the backsides of others, after all!

“Ahem! Xiao Yi is the victor of this match. In this Inter-Sect Tournament, he’s number one in the Essence category.” Only when these words fell, did the sounds of discussions among the audience finally stop.

Xiao Yi endured the rumbling blood in his chest, and forced himself to stand and bow. “Thank you, Sect Master.”

Wang Xuzhi stood up and left the ring. This was an outcome that was within his expectations, he had indeed lost this match. As he thought, he was still not strong enough. Raising his head, he looked towards the direction Zhu Yao had flown to, a feeling of melancholy suddenly rose in his heart. When he recalled the scene when the humongous sword was falling towards him earlier, he could not help but deeply frown again.

When Zi Mo was about to announce his reward, he was stopped by the sonorous cry of a bird nearby.

Sovereign Feng Yi, the only woman out of the three Demigod practitioners, who was sitting on her mythical bird, gently stood up. It was just a simple movement, yet, her movement was like that of a fairy’s. With a slight raise of her left hand, Xiao Yi, who was still kneeling on the ground earlier, suddenly rose into the sky, and flew towards the tall stage, stopping at the empty floor of the tall stage.

“You, you’re called Xiao Yi?” An ethereal voice echoed gently.

Xiao simply felt as though, from the skies, a soothing voice floated towards him, and each word rang in his mind. He could not help but kneel. “Yes… Xiao Yi is this disciple’s name.”

Feng Yi’s beautiful eyes closed slightly, and she only continued to speak after a short while. “Are you willing to admit under my tutelage?”

Xiao Yi was stunned. Not just him, even if it was everyone on-site, they were all unable to believe their ears. A Demigod Sovereign was taking in a disciple. And the person was the only woman out of all the Demigod Sovereigns in the cultivation world, who was said to have not taken in a single disciple.

Seeing that he did not reply for a long time, Feng Yi’s brows creased lightly. “You’re not willing?”

“No, this disciple is willing.” Xiao Yi was filled with surprise and was completely moved, he had to bite his lips tightly to prevent his tears from falling. He had thought that, even if he were to obtain first place, he would only return to the Inner Sect. He did not expect that he would have such an opportunity. It seemed there were still people that would treat him well in this world. He gently lowered his body, giving her the sincerest bow. “This disciple, greets master.”