First Mission Part 1: Preparations

???: Y/N? Y/N!!!

Y/N shakes from his state, seeing Yang, Weiss, Blake, and Team JNPR, concerned.

Yang: You okay? You seem out of it.

Y/N: *apologetically smiles* Sorry, I'm not fully here tonight.

Blake: We can tell. What's happening? Today's food is...

Nora: Horrendous, absolutely disgusting, what happened to the good food.

Ren hits her over the head.

Ren: That's enough, Nora.

Y/N: *looks down* Sorry. I'm distracted by some things right now.

Weiss: Speaking of weird, Ruby has been acting strange since the meeting with everyone. Ruby didn't come with us today for the reason of 'she already ate already' Did something happen?

Y/N drops his spoon. No one except Blake notices.

Yang: Yeah, I tried to tease her like usual and she showed no reaction. Any thoughts Y/N?

Y/N: Umm...*remembers the event that happened an hour prior and mildly blushes, making him cover his face* I don't feel so well guys. You mind going for tonight? *they shake their heads* Okay, if I'm not better tomorrow, the trip will be canceled.

A few lift their eyebrows but, one-by-one, they left him. Y/N's ears perk up.

Yang: He's hiding something and I think it has to do with Ruby.

Blake: You're making assumptions Yang, don't think like that. Maybe he just got sick.

Weiss: I agree with Blake, besides, what would those two do to initiate a response like that?

Yang: *sighs* I guess you are right. Y/N is too dense and Ruby is too timid about these types of things. Nothing could have happened between them.

Y/N sighed and went onto his bed and pillow.

Y/N: Hey Alby?

Alby: *appears* Yeah what?

Y/N: That thing I did with Ruby. What was it exactly?

Alby: This is why you are still a child, it's called a kiss. Don't you remember your parents ever kissing?

Y/N: I do remember the moment my mother left me, they exchanged words and did something similar. *touches his lips* A kiss huh. *smiles* I think I like it.

The Next Morning: Yang's POV

I woke up with thoughts running in my mind. I turn to see it was 8:45.

Me: C'mon guys. We need to get up.

I throw a pillow at Weiss.

Weiss: Ow! Hey!

Everyone, bit-by-bit, got up, groaning. We got dressed and I opened the door to find some french toast and jerky.

Me: *chuckles* Still take care of us huh. Always considerate.

I pick up the plates and walk back into the room.

Me: We need to eat while walking, let's hurry.

Us and Team JNPR start to walk to the location. We got to the dock at 9:15 and there was Y/N, standing next to the bullhead, looking at his scroll. He looked up and smiled, then quickly looking away once Ruby met his eyes.

Me: Hmmm. *smirks mischievously* I know what to do.

Me: *arm lock hug Ruby* Heeeeyy sis, I was thinking that I was going to make my move on Y/N today. Wanna watch~