Chapter 3

The sound of the raindrops falling on the roofs and on the puddles were all that Natsu could hear.

It's been a full 3 min and yet she was still there. He already blinked multiple times, but every time he opened his eyes she was still there staring right back at him with her sparkling chocolate brown eyes.

The thought of this being a dream completely disappeared from his mind. He was wide awake and even he knew that so it isn't a dream. And he was obviously not seeing things.

A soft chuckle that came from the mysterious girl's mouth snapped him out of his thoughts.

"How long are you going to stand there and stare at me? It's pretty creepy, not to mention rude too." She stated.

He couldn't comprehend what was happening. None of this even makes sense anymore.

"Wow. Just wow. This has been a pretty eventful day and I think I'm going crazy. Am I seeing things?" Natsu said to himself.

"You aren't seeing things I'm real." The mysterious girl said.

"You're not some kind of ghost are you? And if you are, does that mean I have a third eye?" Natsu asked.

"I'm not a ghost!" She said, kind of offended that he called her a ghost.

"Then what are you?" He asked, questioning what the girl really is if she's not a ghost.

"I think it's a little too early for you to be asking me that. You don't even know my name yet." She answered.

"Ok deep breathes Natsu. This isn't a dream, this is real. I'm actually talking to a mysterious and really weird girl." Natsu said to himself.

"Hey!" The girl exclaimed. Offended by being called weird.

"So anyway since this is completely real and I'm not dreaming do you mind telling me your name?"

"My name's Lucy."

"I'm--"

"Natsu Dragneel. Don't worry, I already know who you are." Lucy said, smiling at him.

"Huh?!" Natsu exclaimed, obviously surprised that she knew his name.

"What? Your name is Natsu right?" She asked, making sure that she has the right person and not some kind of doppelganger.

"Y-Yeah that is me but how do you know my name? We just met." Natsu said.

Lucy looked at him like he was crazy, before speaking.

"What're you talking about? We met yesterday. Don't you remember?"

"What?!" Natsu exclaimed.

By now he was completely confused and freaked out at the same time.

"Do you honestly not remember what happened last night?" Lucy asked.

"No. I thought that was just a dream." Lucy said.

He thought about what happened to him yesterday hoping that it would jog his memory somehow, but nothing came up.

Every time he tries to remember what happened yesterday his head starts to hurt.

You know the feeling of having a dream and when you wake up from that dream you can't remember anything from it, only fragments. And that no matter how hard you try to remember that dream you just can't

That's what Natsu's feeling right now.

But he obviously doubts that it was a dream, she even said so herself that they met yesterday.