Chapter 16

Yesterday was an extremely fun day for both Natsu and Lucy. They got to stop by many stalls. Sadly they didn't manage to stop by all of them, because Lucy had to leave but nevertheless like Natsu wanted they got to spend the half the day together.

Sadly they couldn't watch the fireworks display later that night since she had to go early and because she could not go down to Earth Land without a valid reason. It was a lose-lose situation for Natsu. If she were to come then it would rain resulting in the fireworks not happening. But if he wants the fireworks to happen then she can't come. He would rather have his own evening be ruined than ruin the evening of everybody in Magnolia.

He really wished that they could've watched it together at the rooftop of the school, since the firework display is the best part of the festival, but at least they got to hang out today, which is considered incredibly lucky since she once told him about the law that doesn't allow them to talk to humans.

But maybe they could...someday...

Right now Natsu is in the cafeteria with his friends.

"Woah, really? I wished I could've met her." Erza said.

"You should've seen her, she was a beauty. How'd you manage to get a girl like that, Natsu?" Gray said, nudging Natsu's shoulder, trying his absolute best to ignore the silent glare his girlfriend is giving him.

"We're not dating, she's just a friend." Natsu said.

But, oh, how he wished she was more than just a friend...

"What's her name again?" Erza asked.

"Ashley." Levy answered.

All of them aside from Erza met Lucy yesterday, since Erza was either busy roaming the school or busy with Jellal, so they didn't manage to bump into her, unlike the others.

Natsu swore he didn't have any intention of introducing them to Lucy, it was all accidental.

Like he said, he wasn't going to introduce Lucy to them unless it was the real Lucy.

"Where is she now? I would like to meet her." Erza said.

"Well she uh-- she went back home yesterday. She was only here for a couple of days and yesterday was her last flight here before going back to...uh-- Hargeon." Natsu said.

"Oh, well you should've introduced us to her a little earlier." Erza said.

"You were all busy prepping for the festival that I didn't get the chance to." Natsu said.

"Maybe next time then." Erza said.

Natsu sighed in relief, he was silently praising himself for coming up with such a good and believable lie.

He was a great liar.

"By the way Natsu congrats to you and Juvia for getting the highest score on the quiz a while ago." Levy said.

"Woah, woah hold up, you're saying that Salamander here got the highest score in your entire class? I don't believe it." Gajeel said, Gray agreeing with his remarks.

"It's true, I was honestly surprised, myself. Their score was higher than mine." Erza said.

"Mine too." Levy said.

"I mean I can see why Juvia got a high score. She's an expert on that field but Natsu...?" Erza said.

"Why? What was the test about anyway?" Gray asked.

"Rain."

"You should've seen those two, they were on fire. They were constantly answering every question the teacher would ask about the topic. Plus they got the highest score on the quiz with only 3 mistakes. Amazing isn't it." Levy said.