Chapter 6

It was after school and instead of going to his workplace like he usually does. Natsu went straight to the hospital to get his dream problems sorted out.

He stopped by his workplace when he got out of school and told the manager that he won't be working today.

Right now he is in the lobby waiting for his name to be called.

He didn't tell his friends that he was going to the doctor so they wouldn't worry about him, they've already done so much for him and he doesn't want to be a burden to them.

"Natsu Dragneel?" The nurse called out.

"Yes?"

"The doctor is ready to see you now." She said.

"Ok. Thanks." Natsu replied, grabbing his bag and following the nurse to the doctor's office.

When he got there the nurse opened the door for him and left him alone with the doctor.

He sat in one of the chairs near the doctor's table.

"Ok Natsu what seems to be the problem?" He asked.

"It's just that I've been having weird dreams and it's driving me crazy. I would always wake up randomly sweating and panting because of it." Natsu started.

"Hmm. Can you tell me more about this? Like when it started? or what you're dreaming about? Maybe we can pinpoint the cause of it."

"Well I started having these dreams like a week ago. It's always different but...one thing that was always the same is that...in those dreams it was always raining and I'm with someone."

"Ok. And would you say that these dreams of yours are terrible or eerie?"

He thought for a moment...

"Well technically these dreams aren't really scary, just average." Natsu thought.

"No. It's not like that."

"Ok. And this person you see in your dreams, do you know them? Or are they familiar to you?"

"To be honest...I don't know. I can't see their faces because they are always covered with a bright light. They feel familiar but at the same time it's like I don't know them."

"Our dreams are a succession of images, ideas, emotions and sensations that usually occur involuntarily in the mind during certain stages of sleep. It's even believed that dreams are our minds' way of helping us remember memories we have long forgotten, maybe that's what your dreams are trying to tell you."

"Maybe but couldn't it be also possible that my mind is just making up a face of someone I don't know?"

"That's not possible. The human brain is incapable of creating a new face. Every person you see in your dreams is someone you have met or known. So it's likely that the person you see in your dreams is someone you have known in the past."

"So you're saying that my mind is trying to make me remember something I forgot?"

"Precisely. You know we don't forget memories, we can't just access them and sometimes our dreams help us do that."

"Ok. But is there any way to make them stop?"

"I don't suggest you do that. You should just let them flow and hopefully when you finally figured out what your dreams are trying to tell you they would stop. After all you said so yourself , these dreams you're having aren't bad."

"Ok. But is there anything wrong with me?"

"No, but you could be feeling either Nightmare Disorder or Lucid Dreams."