Chapter 24

"So what do we do now?" Mira asked.

"We should start first by treating the injured, then we can move on to fixing the damaged buildings and structures." Mavis said.

"Ok, but what about our ruler?" Rogue asked.

"What do you mean?" Mavis said.

"I mean, even if we do manage to turn this place back to how it was before we will still need a new ruler since, y'know..." Rogue said.

"Huh. I guess I never thought of that. Well I'll ask you guys who do you guys want to be your new ruler?" Mavis said.

They all just looked at one another. They really didn't know how to answer her question. It was so simple yet so difficult to answer.

"I think I speak for all of us when I say it's you who should be our next ruler." Laxus said.

"W-What?!"

"Laxus is right y'know. You are a great leader to us and we know that you will also be a great ruler to this kingdom." Mira said.

"Yeah!"

"So what'd you say? Wanna be our next ruler?" Laxus said.

"I would love to." Mavis said, which made everyone cheer.

· • · • · • ·

3 months passed and things were back to how they were. Mavis was by far the greatest ruler they ever had, she made a lot of changes in the laws they have.

Sting and Yukino even started going out. Sting was even planning on proposing to her, which got him into a lot of scolding from Lucy and Lisanna who said that he was going too fast with their relationship. Mira and Cana didn't mind though they honestly said that he should've proposed to her last month.

Also, Laxus and Mira have finally confirmed that they were in fact in a relationship with one another. It wasn't really a surprise to them, those two weren't even doing a good job in hiding their relationship.

Speaking of relationships, Lucy can't help but feel jealous of her friends whenever she would see them with the person they love knowing that she can't have that with the one she loves.

Even after 3 months since she erased his memories she still couldn't get over him. Her heart was yearning for him. She sometimes would about it.

Of course her friends have noticed this, but just didn't say anything. Mavis was trying to create a spell to help Natsu regain all his memories back but so far none.

They really felt bad for Lucy. Almost all of them got their happy ending but not her.

But still due to the new law Mavis has enforced. All kinds of Fairies were finally allowed to go down to Earth Land whenever they want as long as they won't get spotted by a human.

Lucy would always go down there to sneak a peek at Natsu. He was currently in his summer vacation but instead of enjoying it and having fun he was working again, which just made Lucy sigh in disappointment.

It hurt her seeing that he was happy and smiling without her. She would always be right by his side wherever he goes. She was there when he opened his eyes and would only leave when she knew that he's asleep.

She would sometimes even get jealous whenever she sees another girl flirting with him and would just say in relief whenever he would decline. She was ready to use her powers on those girls whenever they tried to flirt with him.

Due to it being summer, there wasn't really much work to do. That's why she spends her free time watching Natsu. She knows it was a little creepy but she couldn't help it. She can't go a day without seeing him.