Chapter 13

"I'm so sorry Natsu I really am."

"Natsu, this has to end."

"I can't do this anymore. I'm sorry for doing this to you Natsu, I hope you can forgive me for doing this."

"Natsu."

"Natsu!"

"Huh? What?" Natsu said, snapping out of his thoughts.

"Sheesh dude what is wrong with you. Are you ok?" Max said.

"Yeah I'm fine." Natsu answered.

Max is a friend of his from work. They both have the same shift so sometimes when they get bored they goof off, that's how they got closed.

"Are you sure? You don't look pretty ok to me. You look like you haven't even slept a wink last night." Max said.

Well he wasn't entirely wrong. He really didn't have the best sleep last night.

After he read Lucy's letter to him last night, which he still doesn't know how it got to his windowsill, he expected to have one of those happy dreams that he was experiencing, unlike the previous one before he woke up.

But boy was he wrong. His dreams didn't change at all, it was just a continuation of the previous one.

He couldn't really make out what he was dreaming about. He can only remember small parts of it. The scenes were all different and were all out of order. There was one in the flower field that he was also seeing in his dreams and another one was in South Gate Park and there was one more. It looked really familiar but he couldn't pinpoint where.

In those dreams he was crying and the person he was with was also crying and they were both under the pouring rain when it happened. But one scene in particular didn't have rain in it and that was the only one he can remember. It was also in the familiar location that he can't determine where.

He didn't know the reason why but he would just suddenly wake up panting heavily and...tears in his eyes.

It always happens. The second he closes his eyes and enters dreamland the same dream would appear and then he would wake up with tears in his eyes.

He got so tired of the routine that he didn't want to go back to sleep. And that's what he did when he woke up again at 4:30 in the morning. The sun hasn't even risen. The sky was still dark and the twinkling stars were still visible. He never went back to sleep after that he just stayed awake until the sun came out.

He was lucky that it was the weekend or else he might not be able to focus in school because of the lack of sleep.

He even debated this morning if he should go to work or just stay at home and catch up on sleep. He decided to go since it was only a couple of hours of work, his shift will be over in the afternoon.

But even if he chose the latter one he still won't have a good sleep, the chances of his dreams just being the same as last night's were awfully high.

"You could say that. I was having weird dreams that kept me up till morning." Natsu said.

"Yikes. What was it about that made you this tired?" Max asked.

"Honestly I don't know myself. When I woke up I couldn't even remember what I was dreaming about." Natsu said.

That was half the truth. It was true that he couldn't remember anything from the dream. But he didn't forget everything. He still remembers some of it, but only a little.

"A piece of advice. When you get home after your shift the first thing you go to isn't the kitchen but the bed. You look horrible, man. I even think the reason why we don't have many customers today is because you look like a freaking zombie." Max said.