Chapter 10

It was already night time in the city of Magnolia and for some unknown reason it was still raining, but only a little bit, not like a while ago when it's like all the water in the rain clouds all fell at Magnolia all at once.

Natsu was just on his way home from visiting his father's grave like he usually does when he gets out of school.

He was almost at his house when he stopped at South Gate Park. He looked around hoping to see Lucy again there.

And just like he assumed she was there. She had her back against the bark of the tree. In her hand was a small white flower, well at least it was white from Natsu's point of view.

He started walking towards her, Lucy oblivious to his presence.

"Hey Lucy!" He called out, which caused her body to jump a little bit.

After getting over her shocked state, she looks at the culprit that just scared the hell out of her. And sure enough it was Natsu who was terribly trying to not laugh at her.

"Jeez Natsu, what is wrong with you?! Didn't anyone ever tell you it's rude to sneak up on people?" Lucy said.

"Oh lighten up, you kill joy. It was funny." Natsu said.

"Haha, really funny. For you maybe, but not for me." Lucy said, then looking back to the flower that was in her hand.

She was thankful that it didn't fly away, since her body practically jumped from Natsu's little stunt earlier.

"What'd you get there?" Natsu asked.

"Oh this? It's nothing, it's just a flower." Lucy said.

"No, it's not, it's a dandelion." Natsu said.

"I know that genius," Lucy said.

"Where'd you even found it?" Natsu asked.

"Under this tree. I was just passing by when this thing caught my attention." Lucy said, not looking away from the flower.

He found it a little strange that a single flower let alone a dandelion would be just sitting under a tree without any other dandelions accompanying it. But then again he rarely goes to South Gate Park and the last time he went was when his father was still alive. The only reason why he has been going there often is to just see Lucy. Besides plants can grow anywhere, that is how amazing life is.

"Hey weird question but do you know about the myth about these dandelions?" Lucy said.

His eyes widened a little. For some reason what she said to him was oddly and uncomfortably familiar. It was like he had heard that question before from somewhere or someone, but he couldn't put his finger on it, so he just decided to brush it off.

"No. No I don't." He answered.

"Well apparently if you manage to blow all of the dandelion seed off the dandelion in one breath then the person you love will love you back. Well at least that's what the legends say." Lucy said.

"Sounds kind of far fetched if you ask me. But that's just my opinion. What about you? Do you believe in them?" He asked.

Lucy just smiled sadly at him then looked back down on the dandelion on her hand. Just a single sight of it made her heart ache.

"No. No I don't." She said, then blew all of the dandelion seeds off the dandelion.

As she watched the dandelion seeds fly into the wind a thought came across her mind.

"But I did once and that was a long time ago."

"So how was your day?" She asked, her mood immediately brightening, it was almost as if she was forcing herself to smile and be happy.