Chapter 9

It was morning in Magnolia, the sun was shining brightly outside. The busy streets of Magnolia were busy as usual.

The shops were still about to open, the adults were going to work and the children were getting ready for another day at school.

Somewhere in Magnolia a certain boy with salmon colored hair was laying on the living room couch and was having another one of his bizarre dreams.

· • · • · • ·

"Hey Natsu, do you believe in that myth about dandelions?" She asked.

"What myth?" Natsu asked.

"I don't know if this is real, ok? I just happened to hear someone talking about it while I was waiting for the rain to be over."

"Uh-huh. So what is this myth you're talking about?" Natsu asked.

They were in the field of flowers again, it was slightly raining and this time instead of bringing his red umbrella like usual he wore a blue raincoat.

"Well apparently the legends say that if you can blow all the seeds off a dandelion with a single breath, then the person you love will love you back. At least that's what I heard them say." She explained.

"Where did you say you heard this again?" Natsu asked.

"I told you I just happened to be around when they said that!" She explained.

"No. I mean who did you hear them from?" Natsu asked.

"I don't know them, but I think they were a couple since they were holding hands and were obviously flirting with each other."

Natsu just looked at them, then started rummaging the different kinds of flowers that were surrounding them. As if he was looking for something.

"Hey what're you doing?" She asked.

"Wait just a sec." Natsu answered, still rummaging through the different kinds of flowers.

After a few minutes of searching he finally found what he was looking for.

"Finally found one!" Natsu said.

"What is it? What did you find? Did you lose something earlier?" She asked.

"Nope. I was looking for these." Natsu said, showing them what he was searching for a moment ago.

"What...is that?" She asked.

"It's a dandelion. Haven't you ever seen one before?" Natsu said.

She just shook her head as a sign of saying no.

"I have to be honest with you, it's not what I quite expected. What are you even planning on doing with this?" She said.

"What else? We'll be seeing if that myth is actually true or not." Natsu said.

He inhaled a huge amount of air then released all of it in one blow, blowing all the dandelion seeds off the dandelion, with only a single breath.

The two of them watched as the dandelion seeds flew into the sky, the tiny droplets of water from the rain looked like falling diamonds, it made the view even more beautiful.

Once the dandelion seeds were out of sight, he looked at her lovingly.

"So? Did it work?" Natsu asked.

She looked back at him and smiled.

"Yes. Yes it did." She said, resting her head on his shoulder, while their hands were intertwined.