Chapter 22

Today was the day. Today is the day the wedding will happen and the day their plan on overthrowing Zeref will commence.

Right now Lucy was still at her house getting ready for the wedding. She was already in her wedding dress and was applying some light makeup on her face.

Her friends were already at the venue. The rebellion managed to sneak in a few weapons like swords, whips, bow and arrows and many more.

The wedding can be attended by anyone, much to their displeasure. They didn't want innocent civilians getting caught up in the battle that's going to happen in just a few more minutes, but there's nothing they can do. They didn't want to tell them since that would just compromise the whole operation, the only thing they could do is to sit and watch then save them afterwards. But still they took advantage of "any fairy can attend" to sneak some of the fairies in the rebellion. And as if now they already were blending in with the crowd while some were hiding behind buildings or on the roof, being on look out just in case their cover might get compromised.

Before they went to the venue Mavis explained to them the plan again and the roles everyone was going to play.

· • · • · • ·

"Ok so here's the plan, when the priest starts saying the vows everyone waits for Lucy and Sting's signal. Once they do that's when operation defenestration will commence. Understood?" Mavis said.

"Yes ma'am." They all said.

"Everybody prepare your weapons. After the signal has been given, we will enter the war. I know Zeref, and there's no way he's going to go easy on us as soon as he finds out. That's why I want our best fighters in the front lines. While the others are on defense. The rest should protect the innocents. I don't want them getting hurt in this." Mavis explained.

"But what about you Mavis? Will you be in the castle keeping an eye on us?" Lucy asked.

"No. I will be fighting alongside you all. I don't want to sit and watch as my comrades fall. I want to be fighting beside all of you until my very last breath." Mavis said.

Mavis di not notice it but from afar Laxus looked at her proudly.

"Spoken like a true leader." Laxus whispered.

· • · • · • ·

Lucy looked at herself one more time in the mirror inspecting her appearance.

She was wearing a strapless white dress that reached up to her feet, with a pink ribbon that was tied on the waist. Her long golden hair was tied in a bun.

She imagined herself wearing this kind of dress at hers and Natsu's wedding someday, but after what happened that's impossible to happen.

Speaking of Natsu, she wonders how he's doing after what she did. He's probably just waking up with no idea how he even got there. She felt really bad for just leaving him there soaked in the rain. But her emotions were still all over the place at that time and the only thing her mind thought of was...

"...I have to get out of here."

With one last look she finally decided to go to the venue.

· • · • · • ·

The venue was beautiful. There were fairy lights floating above them. There was also an arch decorated with the most beautiful flowers, it was obvious that the floral fairies were the ones responsible for those. There was also a red carpet in the middle that was leading up to the gazebo at the end where the priest and the groom, A.K.A Sting, was standing.