♥ Chapter 10 ♥

"𝐀𝐧𝐝 𝐲𝐞𝐚𝐡, 𝐦𝐚𝐲𝐛𝐞 𝐡𝐞'𝐬 𝐛𝐚𝐝, 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐞𝐬 𝐈 𝐨𝐧𝐥𝐲 𝐬𝐞𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐢𝐧 𝐡𝐢𝐦."

𝐀𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐝𝐧𝐞'𝐬 𝐩𝐨𝐯

𝐀𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐝𝐧𝐞'𝐬 𝐩𝐨𝐯

For as long as I can remember, my religion, studies and career were the only things on my mind.

But that all changed when a certain 6'2 boy with the most beautiful blue eyes I've ever seen walked out of my mother's office.

I was in so much of a rush that I bumped into him and ended up falling on my behind in front of him.

I was embarrassed, to say the least

I remember my face heating up at how close our faces were when he bent down to gather his things.

My eyes widened when I finally looked at his handsome face. I've never in my 19 years of life been so flustered by the sight of anyone but he managed to do so.

How could I not?

Soft looking dark curly hair, beautiful blue eyes, very long and dark eyelashes. His nose was even handsome and perfectly straight.

His facial structure was magnificent. High cheekbones that his eyelashes would touch when he'd look down, dimples that only showed when he really smiled and lips so pink and plump that I couldn't help but always stare.

My mother despised people with tattoos, she believed that it was sinful to ruin anything that God had created in his own image.

But I happened to relish the artwork that adorned his arm, ribs, hand and fingers.

I had never found anybody so attractive that they started consuming almost all of my thoughts.

It felt wrong, sinful even.

I have never had a crush on someone before but I knew I shouldn't and couldn't like Domenico.

I made a promise to save myself for my future husband and the gold ring on my finger made sure to remind me of that promise.

Before I had even gotten my period for the first time, my mother sat me down and told me I was to save myself for my future husband.

She made sure to remind me that sex before marriage was a sin and that if I gave any boys even an innocent kiss, I'd go to hell.

My mother is so religious that the first book I ever truly learned to read was the bible because it was the only thing I was allowed to read at home.

She homeschooled me so nobody would corrupt me. She only allowed me to study at her academy when I turned 18 because she finally trusted me.

Everything she's taught me about religion is all that I know and I began to slowly love our religion the more she taught me about it.

I enjoyed reading the bible and praying to god. It always made my mother so happy to see me showing an interest in our religion but she'd be upset if she knew what I pray about now.