♥ Chapter 37 ♥

"𝐇𝐞 𝐢𝐬 𝐦𝐲 𝐬𝐞𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐭. 𝐌𝐲 𝐛𝐞𝐚𝐮𝐭𝐢𝐟𝐮𝐥 𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞 𝐬𝐞𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐭."

𝐀𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐝𝐧𝐞'𝐬 𝐩𝐨𝐯

𝐀𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐝𝐧𝐞'𝐬 𝐩𝐨𝐯

"Wake up, Ariadne" a voice hisses at me with displeasure

I whine and roll over, pulling the covers over my head to block out the noise as I try to go back to sleep.

I gasp when my blankets are pulled off of me and I'm met with the brutally cold air of the early morning.

I rub my eyes and open them while blinking a few times to find my mother staring her nose down at me with her hands on her hips.

"Mother" I gasp and shoot up in bed. "W-What are you doing in here?" I ask nervously as I pull down my nightgown to ensure she doesn't see the fading hickeys Domenico left on me

"I came in here to wake you up so you can get ready and meet me in my office" She narrows her eyes at me when I try to smooth down my wild bedhair

"Oh, okay. I'll be right down" I tell her softly

"You better" she arches her brow. "If I have to come back up here, I won't be happy" She gives me a warning look and then turns around and leaves my room

I throw my legs over the side of my bed and place my face into my hands as I sigh and rub my face to try and get rid of the tiredness.

I rush through my morning routine which consists of making my bed, showering, brushing my teeth and getting dressed.

I rub my chest when I feel it ache as I look around my room and realise how dull it looks without Domenico.

The moment Domenico walked out of his bedroom doors, my whole demeanour turned sour.

Saying I miss Domenico like crazy is an understatement. He only left last night and yet it feels like years.

I hadn't realised how much Domenico had to do with my good mood until he walked out of his bedroom door and I watched the car drive away.

My throat tightened and tears brimmed my eyes as I watched him get into the car and stared on as the car took him further and further away.

My mother was right when she called me a crybaby but I couldn't help it. I've grown so attached to Domenico that it hurts to be without him even for two weeks.

I've gotten used to talking, cuddling and joking with him. It feels odd to wake up and not have his addicting smell still lingering on my bedsheets.