Chapter 30 Hell in a Houndbasket

Author's note.

As I said, the number of chapters left for this story will be at least three. And sorry if I haven't touched this book in a while, I need to clear my head, as writing for several different books at once can take a lot out of someone. Also, I have a poll on my profile page regarding the Link-era deck that Marinette from Miraculous would use. You have until the 10th of June to cast your vote. Regardless, leave a review, sit back, relax and enjoy the show.

Chapter 30

Hell in a Houndbasket

"Hello, Nico", said Yuya as he talked into his phone. "What do you want?".

"You've been quiet for quite a while", said Nico. "Is everything alright?".

"Well, let's see", said Yuya. "I'm living in literal hell and I'm being challenged by everyone and their grandma down here".

"Oh, that, does sound intense", said Nico. "Which is why I'm to stay in the the Magne Manor. Although, Charlie did say that two 'hellhounds' wanted to see me".

"Hellhounds?" Asked Nico.

"Hell-horns that resemble dogs" answered Yuya.

"Well, I gotta get back to work", said Nico. "Bye Yuya". Nico then hung up. Yuya then placed his phone down. He then heard a knock at the door. Putting on his clothes, he went down to the entrance and opened the door. There, before him, were two hellhounds, both female and looked almost identical. The only difference was that one was tinged a pale red and the other deep violet.

"Hello", said Yuya

"Hello", said Yuya. "Who are you two?"

"Hi, I'm Margret" replied the red one.

"And I'm Sadie" added the violet one.

"So, what brings you two here?" Yuya asked.

"Well, there's a hound party in a couple of weeks", answered Margret. "Would you like to attend?".

"I'll, have to sit on that", said Yuya. "I mean, I'm basically a celebrity down here. I can barely go outside without being recognised. Also, I've been invited to the Wrath ring in a few weeks and Beelzebub invited me to dinner".

"Sounds like you're a busy man" said Sadie.

"I think many people down here want to meet you before extermination day" added Margret.

"Extermination day?" Asked Yuya. Both hellhounds pointed to a large clocktower. Underneath the clock, was a count down.

"Every year, God sends down angels to kill every demon and sinner they can find" answered Margret

"But, ever since you arrived", added Sadie. "The countdown hasn't moved a single day".

Anyway, we best get going", said Sadie. "Catch us if you want to come to the party". The two then walked away and Yuya walked back into the manor.