[ PROLOGUE ]

Ten years ago.

A windy summer night was filled with laughter from Enzo and his cousin Matteo.
Enzo, six years old, and Matteo who was seven.

Enzo's mother Everly, brought her son to Matteo's house to see Matteo's mother. You see, Enzo looked like a normal six year old boy, but he wasn't.

He's been claiming that he's been seeing things. Claiming that he has a monster that visits him and night, and talks about taking his soul. Everly didn't take him seriously at first, but after awhile it got creepy.

Enzo being as young as he was didn't know what any of that meant. But it spooked his mother out real bad.

Marissa, who was Matteo's mother worked with people that needed mental help. That's what Everly thought her son needed. And that's why Enzo and Matteo were playing in the backyard at 9pm while the mothers conversed. 

The boys laughed while throwing a ball back and forth to each other. But Matteo accidentally threw the ball too far sending it into the woods. "Oops." He said while giggling. "Go get it."

"Me? Your the one that threw it in the woods Matteo." Enzo said while rolling his eyes slightly.

"But," Matteo started walking closer to Enzo and putting both of his palms on Enzo's shoulders, "Good baby cousins do things for their older cousin."

"Bullshit."

"Is not."

"Is to. Plus your only older by um- ah- seven months!" Enzo said remembering his cousins birthday.

Matteo just stared at Enzo silently asking him to get the ball back. "Fine." Enzo said giving in.

He walked over to the entrance of the woods cautiously. He spotted the ball but it was further in the woods. He ran in and picked it up. Then he heard some shuffling of leaves. His six year old heart was racing and he was frozen in fear.

A man with white hair appeared in front of Enzo. Enzo wasn't stupid, so he backed away. Then Enzo felt a stinging in his neck, and then everything faded to black.