[ FRIENDS? ]

In the school Steve spoke up. "I just don't get why he's ignoring me."

"Okay here me out, maybe because you begged him to go to a kickback you were throwing even thought he didn't want to go, and then you basically ignored him for Nancy's glitter box." Carol spoke up.

"Hey." Causing Nancy to speak.

"Well he should understand that sometimes you just have to do, what you have to do." Tommy said encouraging Steve.

"And if that something is being a shitty friend then go right ahead." Carol said.

--__--__--__--__--

Enzo did want to hang out with Steve, but he had something more important to do.

Find Barbara.

It's just so crazy how he had seen her the night before. She didn't look sick. So something must've happened to her.

Enzo walked near the woods of Steve's house. "Barb!" He shouted. Not expecting an answer but at least he was doing something.

Then there was rustling in the bushes. Enzo quickly spun his head around to where it came from.

Enzo stayed still not wanting to move his attention elsewhere.

And then a creature came running at Enzo. Enzo shouted a bit before putting both of his arms out.

Energy formed around his palms and shot out of his hands towards the creature hitting it square in the chest.

Enzo then began to run away. His heart beating fast, and his legs moving swiftly.

Enzo needed to get away and he needed to do it quickly.

He hasn't used his powers since he got away from Papa. He doesn't like to remind himself of those memories.

--__--__--__--__--

Later that night, word got around that Johnathan's brothers body was found. His name was Will.

Enzo couldn't grasp his head around that. Stuff like this didn't happen. Sure he wasn't normal as the rest but this was out of the ordinary for his small town.

--__--__--__--__--

The next day, Enzo needed to talk to Steve. He needed to tell him about how he went back to his house to look for Barb. He needed to tell him that her car was still there.

Enzo spotted Nancy dragging Steve into a corner, outside of school. Enzo thought they were going to have a make out session. But when he got there he noticed Nancy was a little distraught.

"Ahem." He cleared his throat, causing both Nancy and Steve to look at him.

"What are you doing here?" Nancy questioned him.

"I need to talk to Steve."

"Seems like everyone need to talk to me." Steve said rolling his eyes. "Go on."

"Not in front of her." Enzo didn't want to sound crazy in front of Nancy.

"Then I don't want to hear it."

"Fine," Enzo said getting a little agitated. "I went back to your place yesterday to look for barb."

"So did Nancy."

"Her car was still there-"

"I know that Enzo." Steve cut Enzo off.

"Would you let me talk!? Anyways, I went into the woods calling for her, and I heard something, and then this thing tried to attack me. It didn't have-"

"A face." Nancy said shocking both herself and Enzo. "So I wasn't seeing things then," Nancy added while looking at Steve.

"I have a terrible feeling about this." Enzo breathed out.

"Oh this is bad- this is really bad." Steve said, pushing his back against a wall.

"What?" Nancy asked while stepping closer to her boyfriend.

"The cops," Steve uttered. "They're gonna wanna talk to all of us now."

"So?"

"My parents are gonna murder me."

"Are you serious right now?" Nancy was astonished.

"You don't understand my dads a grade A asshole."

"Barb is missing! And you worried about your dad?" Nancy was angry right now. Rightfully so Enzo thought.

"When you talk to the cops.. just.. don't mention the beers."

"I can't believe you right now." Nancy said while walking away, leaving Steve who was calling out to her.

"Way to go." Enzo laughed out.

"You think this is funny?" Steve pushed Enzo against the wall unusually gently.

"Very," Enzo teased. 

The boys both ignored how close they were to one another, and stared for a few moments until Steve erupted in laughter.

"I missed you man." Steve said while hugging his bestfriend.

"It was only a day." Enzo hugged back.

"Two days actually." Steve corrected.

"Your so dramatic."

And that's how it was. Nancy angry at Steve, and Steve hugging his bestfriend while they made up.

(AN)

I didn't edit this at all! So if this is messy pls lmk!