Chapter 1

~THIRD PERSON POV~

In this world we experience many phenomenons such as the growth of plants, the birth of a child and even the stars as they dance in the beautiful sky. Now magic is the power of apparently influencing events by using mysterious or supernatural forces and from magic these powerful phenomenons occur such as Mother Nature creating beings she deemed worthy of harnessing her magic. These beings are called witches and over time they use the power they gained from nature to do good.

Now there's a tale that a drop of sunlight fell from the heavens where the Gods reside and rooted on earth creating a beautiful and magical yellow flower known as the Sundrop flower.

It is said that this flower has the ability to heal any sickness or injury even mortal wounds. This flower was heavily guarded by witches because if placed in the wrong hands could cause destruction for all witches as it's immune to vampire and werewolf venom. While if you properly used can not only strip a witch of their ancestral magic it can be a deadly poison to all living things and so it is protected heavily.

However, an unfortunate incident happened where a greedy witch decided to take the flower for herself as she wanted to live long and preserve her youth so she stole the plant but just like that karma had its way and the witch lost the flower.

Centuries later the witch's descendant Dahlia Hagen and through books she found out about how every thousand years the flower would bloom at a certain spot and because of greed she hoped to obtain the sacred flower to increase her magic. She knew she couldn't find the flower herself and so she thought of asking her sister Esther for help. The blonde witch didn't want to help but they came to an agreement that if Dahlia could make Esther pregnant she'd help her search for the flower.

Just like that Esther gave birth to a beautiful baby girl who she named Freya Mikaelson. Since she gave birth to a girl, Esther decided to aid her sister in the search for the flower. Of course Dahlia didn't reveal the flower's magical properties to her sister as she thought Esther would covet it for herself.

Years pass and Esther got pregnant again and this time gave birth to a beautiful bouncing baby boy who she named Finn Mikaelson. Eventually Esther grew to love her children more as the days pass and slowly stopped helping her sister which made the older witch furious. To take revenge, Dahlia used her magic and heavily wound Esther and told her that since she won't fulfill her end of the deal she would take her first born and every child that's born from her family until she get the flower.

Esther didn't take her sister seriously so imagine her surprise when Dahlia showed up at her doorstep to collect young Freya which caused another fight between the two woman to which Esther once again lost. The helpless mother could do nothing as she lied on the ground heavily wounded as blood dripped from her mouth and nose as she watch her sister take her baby away. It more so broke her heart when her son asked where his aunt was taking his sister and she couldn't even give him an answer. The once happy mother turned into a shell of her former self as she had lied to her husband that their daughter died.