Chapter 6

~THIRD PERSON POV~

The next few years were kind of tough for both Esther and Raelynn since they still mourned the death of Lisa and Greg however, this fueled the blonde to practice magic more. Even though they grieved, Esther never forgot to give young Raelynn a normal childhood.

With help of the incantation Esther took solid form and raised Raelynn to be the best person she could be. So it wasn't a shock that she showed kindness to everyone since it was being respectful.

But one thing her momma Esther told her was 'You are magic, you are powerful and you are a witch never let anyone look down on you or use you as a stepping stone because you are greatness.'

As Raelynn grew up, she found herself either immense in her reading, writing fantasy novels, painting or baking with Esther. The original witch knew she missed her birth mother and father so as a gift she sculpted a mini figurine of the couple and gave it to the child to rest on her bed side table so they'll be the first she sees in the morning and the last in the night.

When Raelynn turned fifteen, Esther reverted back to her spirit form so she could monitor her son which Raelynn didn't mind since she mastered the hardest spells that were in Esther's grimoire. She placed it into the bookshelf beside the Bennett witch grimoire that she mastered since she was eight along with a book of forbidden spells and incantation but that's mostly for when she uses the power of her hair.

It has been currently two weeks since Niklaus or Nik as Raelynn calls him since she thought it sounds awful has been trying to make hybrids. Raelynn knew since was there hiding at the place the ritual took place while helping Nik break his curse.

She felt bad for the lady that was turned and used for the sacrifice and wanted to bring her back but Jenna declined and only asked her if she can watch over Jeremy since he would have no one to which she agreed.

After that she got interested in who this Jeremy boy was being completely oblivious to the fact that he was the doppelganger's adopted brother/cousin.

Esther wanted to tell her since it's been a long time since Raelynn tried to make friends since she was scared they'd try to use her for her hair or try to cut it for their selfish purposes. She thought why not send a letter since he so happened to be her assigned penpal and so she did.

Dear Penpal,

Hello my name is Raelynn Bailey Mikaelson. I am currently sixteen. Well my birthday is today and I thought why not try make friends and so I got this opportunity from school and I guess your my penpal.

I wanted to give a brief introduction of myself but I'm really nervous. Anyways I'm an orphan but I'm living with the woman who took care of me even when my parents were alive. She's now my mom since she's been there for me throughout my whole life.

I like painting, reading and looking at the sunset. My favorite colors are purple and green. I know an odd combo right? But I love them the same. Anyways I hope you hear from you soon.

Sincerely Raelynn.

Raelynn read the letter once again before folding it and placing it in the envelope and pasting a bunny rabbit sticker before carrying it to school to be mailed. She knew her assigned penpal was the Jeremy boy so it made her even more excited as she waited for a reply.

Meanwhile Jeremy was trying to focus on himself since it's been a year now since the death of his parents. Elena was probably at the Salvatore boarding house with Alaric trying to find Stefan.

He was done reading Elena's journal as he knew she was hiding stuff from him which made him angry about what he discovered.

He heard a knock on the door and went to see who it was when he saw he had received a letter. He had heard that his school was doing a penpal thing with another school and he really wasn't interested but he thought since he has this house to himself then why not.

He went up to his room and was about to open the letter when he noticed the sticker of a bunny rabbit and found it cute. He took the letter out of the envelope then used a pair of scissors to cut around the sticker before placing it in his desk.

He opened the letter and found out that his penpal was a girl which explained the bunny. He found her very interesting and decided to write.

Dear Raelynn,

I'm your penpal Jeremy and to be honest at first I wasn't really interested in this whole penpal thing you know since it's summer and I thought no one would take it seriously.

First I would like to say Happy Birthday and I hope you enjoy it with your mom. I'm an orphan as well and I live with my sister and my aunt's ex boyfriend who's also my History teacher. To be honest I wasn't feeling today since it's the anniversary of my parents' death but your letter brought a smile to my face.

I like drawing as well since I do it in my spare time. I'm not much of a reader but I'm willing to hear your favorite books. Since you like to paint maybe we can come up with something and paint to send each other since I think that would be fun. Sorry if my letter seems uninteresting or boring but I hope we can continue being penpals.

Sincerely Jeremy.

Jeremy couldn't help the smile that appeared on his face and he thought honestly maybe the rest of the summer wouldn't be so bad since he has someone to talk to. He thought that maybe later down they could exchange numbers or even meet face to face but all in all it was eventful.

He placed the letter he had received back into its envelope and in his draw before grabbing his letter to carry to the post office.

'Maybe I finally made a true friend,' he thought.