Chapter 14

Seeing his girlfriend in a really vulnerable state made Jeremy feel like he was failing as a boyfriend. He thought since he was a human, he was powerless. He knew she could defend herself as a witch but he wanted her to rely on him as well. He wanted her to know that she could place some of her burdens and fears on his as she's never alone.

He kissed her on the crown of her head as she was currently fast asleep on his bed. Jeremy couldn't help the smile that appeared on his face as he saw the golden locks creating a pool at his bed. He decided to try out a hairstyle he saw on a YouTube video he watched. After a few minutes the male looked at his creation with a smile. However, he was brought out of his little happy world by the sound of his phone ringing.

"Hello," he answered not looking at the caller ID.

"Hey Jeremy this is Esther, Raelynn's mother," the woman responded through the phone.

"Hello ma'am how are you?" he asked.

"I'm fine dear. Is Raelynn with you right now?" the woman asked which caused Jeremy to notice her panicked tone.

"Yes she is sleeping but ma'am is everything okay?"

"Jeremy can you allow her to stay at your house for a few days please?" the woman asked.

"Sure ma'am but is everything okay?" he asked again worried as he looked at his love sleeping peacefully.

"Jeremy listen carefully to what I have to say. When Raelynn wakes up please tell her that I'm but I need to do this for us and her safety. My actions might result in a lot of deaths put they have to die."

After promising the old witch that he'll pass on the message, the young Gilbert hanged up the phone with a sigh. He knew Raelynn will be sad when she heard the news so he decided to get something to cheer her up.

He grabbed his shirt and shoes before leaving a small note on the bed side table incase Raelynn wakes up before he gets back.

He gave her a kiss on the forehead before grabbing his wallet, keys and closing the room door. He hoped that no one would disturb her nap.

However, as much as Jeremy wanted the place to be quiet, when it comes to his sister it is a whole different matter. A few minutes after Jeremy left, Elena appeared with her friends. Since the vampires couldn't enter the house, they had to stay on the front porch sitting on the chairs while Elena and Bonnie went inside.

The group began talking about their plans to get rid of Klaus as Elena revealed to Bonnie that she and the Salvatore brotherset Mikael.

The loud talking had awoken Raelynn who got up and looked around only to see her boyfriend was gone. She got up only to realize that she was only wearing Jeremy's shirt that hung loosely off her body and her once free hair was braided with flowers.

 She got up only to realize that she was only wearing Jeremy's shirt that hung loosely off her body and her once free hair was braided with flowers

She wanted to look around when she suddenly spotted the little note with a drawing of a kiss with a heart in it

She wanted to look around when she suddenly spotted the little note with a drawing of a kiss with a heart in it. She thought it was cute and read the contents.

Meanwhile Caroline,Damon and Stefan were outside the house sitting on the patio since they couldn't enter the house. Feeling bored Damon decided to explore the outside when he stumbled upon the window of Jeremy's room where he spotted a head.

Feeling curious the raven haired male climbed up the neighboring tree to spy on what was going on when he noticed a  petite blonde. The moment he saw her, she took his breathe away. He assumed she was the rumored girlfriend of the little Gilbert that his brother was telling him about.

'He doesn't deserve her,' the male thought.

Just by looking at Raelynn he knew she was way out of Jeremy's league and wondered what she even saw in the younger male.  He knew that the younger male always fell short when it came to girlfriends since he always attracted the bad druggy ones. He suddenly thought back to the male's previous girlfriends Anna and Vicki.

No matter how he looked at it, Damon thought the male really didn't deserve the blonde. He knew it was wrong but he couldn't help looking at how the shirt looked on her body. He saw that her bust was big since they were shooting out of the top and she wore the sleeves like gloves. Even part of the neck fell to her shoulder as she pulled it up.

Stefan saw his brother and called him which brought Damon out of his fantasy. The male jumped down the tree carefully not wanting to announce to the blonde that she was being watched. However what he failed to notice was the tiny security cameras that were stationed around the house.

Stefan told Damon that he was going to the grill for a drink and asked if he wanted to come to which he agreed.

Raelynn grabbed her phone and saw that she got a call from her mom. The elder witch left an emergency voicemail which stated that she'll be gone for a few days and that she should stay with Jeremy. The girl tried to call her mom but the woman wasn't picking up the call.

Meanwhile Jeremy was about to leave the grill when he accidentally collided with a male l. "Sorry," he said but the older man only brushed him off with a knife annoyed look.

At the same time Damon and Stefan entered the grill and came face to face with the young Gilbert male but he wasn't in the mood for a conversation when Damon decided to give a snarky comment.

"Hey brother I saw a really hot thing at Elena's house and damn I would give anything to have a night with her. I mean if she could stomach dating baby Gilbert then I'm a catch."

This only resulted in his life receiving a punch across the face which broke his jaw. The raw power wrapped around the younger male scared Damon but he decided to hide it.

"Keep my girlfriend out of your filthy mouth," said Jeremy before walking away as everyone even "Mikael" looked at him with interest.