Chapter 19

Esther walked into the room and looked at her children. She loves them all and maybe had a soft spot for Niklaus as he was her favorite child, however, the reason why will be revealed later on as she has a mission to complete.

"Mother," said Niklaus as he held Tyler behind him protectively however he was cut off by the bone-crushing hug that she gave him.

"You look just like your father," she said as she drew back and looked at him closely before bringing him in for another hug.

"My children forgive me for not being the best mother I could have been to you all and I hope you'll give me a chance to be better," she said as she looked at the siblings.

Esther felt super guilty for neglecting her children when they needed her the most and so now she hoped to restore the balance.

"Why should I believe you?" Klaus asked bringing his siblings back to the reality that their mother was a crew woman, especially to him.

"I might not have shown it but Niklaus you were my favorite child and in the past, I tried to stop Mikael but he threatened to kill you all in front of me. I was weak at the time and I couldn't protect you guys but make no mistake this time I will protect you," she said.

The siblings could only take her word for it as they left and went about their business.

"Finn after your siblings help you get accustomed to this time, please meet me in the library later," she said to her eldest son as he nodded.

Esther then changed her clothes and decided to go to her house. She placed her jacket on before leaving

 She placed her jacket on before leaving

(Her outfit)

She arrived at the house she once lived in with her daughter and found that it was empty. Esther was glad as she wasn't ready to confront her stubborn daughter as yet.

She needed to focus on her mission. Her purpose for coming to the house was to grab a few of her grimoires. To carry out her plans she needed the Bennett witches' help.

After she grabbed the books she was suddenly pulled out of her train of thought when she heard Raelynn's voice.

"Mom?"

"Mom, are you here?"

The young witch found that the door was open and only three persons had a key to the house, Jeremy, her mother, and herself.

Quickly Esther used the secret door to escape so she wouldn't be caught by her daughter.

Meanwhile, everything has been a mess for Raelynn. She felt it, she felt the opening of her mother's coffin. She knew her mother was now in her body and she thought the elder witch would come to see her but she didn't.

Jeremy could only curse silently as this whole situation is stressing his flower out and it broke his heart to hear her cry.

"Flower, you know the Mikaelson siblings are in town, and with my sister and friends always plotting schemes against them, maybe Mama Esther didn't want you to be caught in the crossfire after all remember she spent all those years protecting you," said Jeremy as he tried to cheer her up.

"Bear, I thought she'd try to make sure I know she's safe. I can't lose another parent," said Raelynn through tears.

She honestly doesn't like this feeling. Never has she felt so weak before, so vulnerable but the thought of losing her mother brought out this vulnerability.

"I know flower, I know. How about we go back to my place and have a date night huh," he suggested.

"We could start with a candle-lit soak in the jacuzzi, then I'll rub your feet and afterward we'll watch your favorite movies with some snacks," he added.

"With hot cocoa?" she asked looking at him.

"Yes with hot cocoa," he said.

"Also with the cute marshmallows," she asked again.

"You can have as many marshmallows as you want," he said before kissing her forehead and leaving.

The relationship between Raelynn and Jeremy was so sweet that it could give you diabetes or cavities. Sadly not everyone thought so as a certain Bennett witch was plotting to break them up.

"I don't know what he sees in here like come on I've been there for him and not once has he looked at me," ranted Bonnie to Caroline who was polishing her nails.

"Well maybe he always saw you as his sister's friend," replied Caroline looking at her fingers.

"Caroline, you and Elena always get the guys while I'm always on my own. Every guy I show interest in always goes to you guys. I then started liking Jeremy but you know how Elena is but now he's tall and sexy and now I'm not gonna give up," said Bonnie.

"I'll help," a voice suddenly said as the eavesdropper entered the room.

"I'll help you get Jeremy as long as you ensure I get Raelynn," he negotiated.

"Aren't you too old to be with her?" asked.

"So what, girls like older guys," he said.

"Not ones in their hundreds," she fired back.

"Do you want Jeremy or not?" he asked

"Yes."

"Then no more backhanded comments,"

"Fine."

The duo then started thinking of plans on how to break up the two while Caroline ignored them. She didn't see why everyone was so obsessed over Jeremy and his so-called girlfriend when she was prettier.

Caroline got up and decided to go out instead of joining the duo to create a plan that will fail.

Meanwhile, Esther who had burnt Sage was now waiting on her son. "Mother I'm here," said Finn rocking his new hairstyle.

"Ah my son you look splendid," she complimented as she hugged him.

"Mother why did you call?" he asked.

"Well my dear, I know you have been suffering all the centuries due to you not liking that I made you and your siblings vampires," she started as she looked at her son.

"I never meant to cause you or our family any harm but I feel guilty for what I've done and so I've decided to correct my mistakes," she added.

"Mother you did your best," he said as a red mist appeared in his eyes before it disappeared.

'I need to complete my mission,' Esther thought as she hugged her son.