Chapter 24

Recap:

"That was the purpose of the ritual. With Elena's blood and you guys connected, I would be able to channel through blood connection and resurrect your father and brother sadly it required a sacrifice," Esther said.

"What sacrifice?" Finn asked.

"A life for a life," revealed Raelynn.

"Since I was channeling magic through the two Bennett witches, I planned to exchange their lives for your father and brother's," Esther explained.

The siblings were shocked to hear that their mother would go through so much for them. Jeremy stood in the distance looking at the family who was finally able to resolve the misunderstanding as he smiled. However, he couldn't help the little sting of jealousy that left a bitter aftertaste in his heart.

________________________________________________________________________________

Raelynn looked at her family with joy as Esther had her under her bosom. She then turned and noticed her boyfriend Jeremy standing in the corner of the room looking left out. She quickly got up and grabbed his hand and brought him beside her. 

"Oh Jeremy dear you are practically my son by now so you are my family so don't feel shy when you're around us," said Esther as she gave the young male a motherly look and rubbed his head causing him to cry. 

For the first time since the death of his parents, he felt loved and not excluded. He's not saying that Aunt Jenna didn't show him any love but he felt that it didn't compare to that of his parents'. While Jenna tried to tend to Jeremy and Elena's needs, he realized that she too was also grieving alongside them.  He allowed her to grieve as well and in his own way ended up distancing himself from everyone and sadly in time no one thought to check up on him to see if he was alright aside from Vicky.

Everyone thought that the older Donovan was just some stupid druggy but actually, she was five months sober with the help of Jeremy. She tried to make Matt realize that she was sober but it broke her heart to him telling Elena that she was just trying to get in his good graces to steal money and buy drugs.

Sadly that day happened to be her sober anniversary day and Jeremy had encouraged her to celebrate with Matt as a way to rekindle their sibling love since that was Vicki's greatest wish. Vicki continued to get better but sadly she was turned by Damon when she went camping with the people of her Alcohol and Drugs meeting. Sadly she was then killed again by Stefan and Elena who saw her as a predator when she was only helping Jeremy as it was their regular drawing day.

After regaining the memories he'd lost due to the compulsion, Jeremy grew to hate Elena and her friends and this feeling only grew stronger when he learned that they caused Jenna's death. Jeremy also disliked Klaus for killing Jenna and so he looked at him in hatred and everyone quickly picked this up.

"Niklaus do you have anything to say to Jeremy?" Mikael asked.

"I am sorry for not only putting you in harm's way but also killing your aunt. I know just saying sorry won't excuse my behavior and past actions so I hope in time you'll grow to forgive me," said Klaus.

This shocked Jeremy that the notorious hybrid was willing to apologize to him and even be so sincere about it. However, he just nodded as he decided to get some love from his loving girlfriend who opened her arms and allowed him to rest his head on her medium bosoms. This immediately triggered the males in the room who hurriedly removed the male from the blonde's embrace as Esther hugged Raelynn fundly causing Rebekah to look at everything feeling jealous.

Since the beginning, Rebekah felt jealous when Raelynn descended the stairs. After she had trapped Elena in the caves and learned that she could return however upon her return she noticed her mother was still alive and giving her undivided attention to a young girl. Rebekah felt hurt because she recalled her mother never treated her like that before. 

Rebekah spent the whole time sitting down watching everyone fuss over the health of the girl and didn't approach the man who claimed to be her father. The memory of her almost trying to kill Mikael came to her mind and so she couldn't look at the man. 

Poor Jeremy tries to wrestle out of the arms of Klaus, Kol, and Mikael who told him he'd have to get their approval. Elijah and Finn remained in their seats as they looked at their childish younger brothers and father.

While the Mikaelsons and their new additions were enjoying themselves, things were not the same for the Scooby Doo gang. No one knew where Bonnie was not even her mother who had awakened after completing her transition into a vampire. Elena showed them pictures she had taken of the walls in the caves she was kept in which made them all happy that they found a weapon that could kill the originals.

Meanwhile, in a cottage where a blonde girl was sleeping, an elderly woman had woken up from her sleep. This woman was Dahlia who suddenly felt the surging power of the magical golden flower. She felt happy that she had finally found the thing that would not only grant her immortality but also everlasting youth and enhanced magic.

However, she wasn't alone because as she was on her way to where she sensed the flower, she spotted a young girl. Upon closer observation, she realized that the girl was a premature witch who had yet to hone her abilities. Dahlia couldn't help the smirk that appeared on her face as she thought of a plan.

"Hello child, what happened?" she asked as she approached the girl.

"Oh nothing," said Bonnie as she quickly wiped her tears.

"Come with me," said Dahlia as she held Bonnie's hand and brought her off the ground. Which caused Bonnie to gasp in shock when she suddenly felt that the woman was a witch. Seeing that the woman was a witch like herself, Bonnie blindly trusted the woman and followed her to the cottage not knowing of the danger that lurks ahead.